Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richenceramic Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 03:07 AM
    West Union Payment
    Hi everyone.
    I am a businessman specialized in Special Ceramic in China.

I met a business man who lives in Ohio on line August ,this year. I sent samples to him for test by DHL Express to save time after he made a promise to pay shipping fee . I sent my company bank info. To him, we got no fee. Emailed him again,he asked me to send my info. In West Union, I did and called him, but got no shipping fee(USD30 in all). I called him again after 10 days, he told me on the phone that it is not easy to wire money via West Union and asked me to tell my Chinese Bank Personal Bank info. To him, he would ask his friend to send the shipping fee to me. But 5 days passed , he even didn't answer my email.

Question:1.Is his saying about West Union payment right ?
    2. I think he is cheating me.Is it rght? Any good idea to help me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 03:18 AM
    You should not have given him any personal banking information over the phone. As far as I know it is acceptable to send money via Western Union, at least years ago it was, I don't think its changed. I would have no further contact with this man.

Sep 29, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Thanks Tickle. We talked a lot just as if we had met before and I was hurt not because of money.

I have a friend who studied in US many years ago and he told me it is a piece of cake to wire money via West Union, people can see WU even in superkarket, right?

All I want to know if he is cheating me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 08:38 AM
    IMO, he is scamming you and you are better off not having anymore contact with him. If he asked for your bank information that is a sure sign he is up to no good. How many Western Union payments did you actually send him ?

Sep 29, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Thank you for your help. He wanted to buy our samples by Express ,the Express fee(USD30) is on his account. We believed what he said and sent free samples to him before the shipping fee was wired to our company.
    I guess he is cheating, but I want to stop his cheating to other honesty businessman both in China and in USA.
    What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Yes, I can go into Kmart ( shopping center) most grocrey stores and dozens of places and send a western union in about 10 minutes. I sent it to many nations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about family traveling west [ 1 Answers ]

I was hoping that someone on here could tell me the name of a movie that I saw on TV in the 60's - 70's about a pioneer family traveling west on a wagon train. I believe that they were headed to Oregon. They had a son who fell in love with a young lady on the trail & if I remember correctly, they...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Prairie West [ 22 Answers ]

Why did newcomers come to settle the Prairie West?

Anyone from golden west high school? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am from golden west high school and I was wondering if anyone here is from this high school. Just who ever is from golden west high school post here, or even people from any visalia schools.

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

View more questions Search