Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Sep 29, 2007, 02:08 AM
    How to get over a guy you like?
    Well my story is that there was this guy who kept trying to become my boyfriend for more than a year, then when I gave him the attention he longed for he moved on to my friend. He used to come to me and play fights and jokes and makes me laugh so much, now he doesn't come to me, he goes to my friend and rarely talks to me. I know my friend started giving him attention, and like any other guy, he went to the easy one. He never gave her any attention, why is he now? I came to the conclusion I want to get over him. BUT HOW? I think about him all the time, I can't study, I can't think, I'm depressed. I have to see him everyday in school hitting on my friend and I can't do anything about it. I just want someone to PLEASE help me and tell me how to get over him and stop thinking of him and move on! I'm sure its not impossible, but until now I'm losing my sanity! No one is helping, and I can't seem to find the answer on my own. Is there anyone who's been through this situation and found out the answer? Can anyone in this world help me? :(
    TOONICE Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Breeze
    Well my story is that there was this guy who kept trying to become my boyfriend for more than a year, then when i gave him the attention he longed for he moved on to my friend. he used to come to me and play fights and jokes and makes me laugh soo much, now he doesnt come to me, he goes to my friend and rarely talks to me. i know my friend started giving him attention, and like any other guy, he went to the easy one. he never gave her any attention, why is he now? i came to the conclusion i want to get over him. BUT HOW? i think about him all the time, i can't study, i can't think, im depressed. i have to see him everyday in school hitting on my friend and i can't do anything about it. i just want someone to PLEASE help me and tell me how to get over him and stop thinking of him and move on!! im sure its not impossible, but until now im losing my sanity!! no one is helping, and i can't seem to find the answer on my own. is there anyone who's been through this situation and found out the answer? can anyone in this world help me? :(
    Get a Hobby away from your friend and the guy you like. Pick up Kick boxing or something that exerts physical activity. It will keep you healthy, and get your mind off the subject. From reading your issue, I take it you are either in High School or College. My advice, put a boyfriend on hold and devote that time to work on yourself. Have a plan to reach career goals and strive for that. A boyfriend will eventually come... don't look, just keep your mind open and be selective for what best fits you. You will have plenty of time to find a boyfriend later on down the road. Right now... work on making yourself happy. Being truly happy depends on you doing for yourself and setting goals to work towards to better yourself. Be yourself and be happy you didn't get tied down too fast. Ask yourself if you really want to be with a guy who takes "the easy one". Life is too short... live and learn.
    alemarti Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Have you tried talking to him about it? Honestly if he's the type to just move on to the "easy" one that he wasn't worth your time to begin with. Go out, do something for yourself. Be I places where you can meet new people. It will happen, you will see.
    2tonearmy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Well I have been in a similar situation, I am a guy, and my best way to get over the girl that has moved on to my buddy, is to pay attention to their imperfections. Don't think about how cute or funny he is. Just look at the way he treats her, and possibly the way he interacts with other girls at your school, you may just realize that he's not such a great guy after all.

Best of luck with that one, it's a hard thing to go through, another suggestion, possibly do things, keep yourself busy.

Oct 1, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TOONICE
    Get a Hobby away from your friend and the guy you like. Pick up Kick boxing or something that exerts physical activity. It will keep you healthy, and get your mind off the subject. From reading your issue, I take it you are either in High School or College. My advice, put a boyfriend on hold and devote that time to work on yourself. Have a plan to reach career goals and strive for that. A boyfriend will eventually come...don't look, just keep your mind open and be selective for what best fits you. You will have plenty of time to find a boyfriend later on down the road. Right now...work on making yourself happy. Being truly happy depends on you doing for yourself and setting goals to work towards to better yourself. Be yourself and be happy you didn't get tied down too fast. Ask yourself if you really want to be with a guy who takes "the easy one". Life is too short...live and learn.
    Getting a hobby was a really good idea. Kick boxing sounds pretty good, plus I get to imagine I’m kicking them! :p No I’m only kidding. When I posted this I was truly bummed, but now I’m trying to get over it and improve myself. Boyfriends come on their own, and I have time for them later, but now is the time to become someone and build my personality. Thank you for answering my question, it really helped.
    P.S I am in high school as you guessed.

Oct 1, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alemarti
    Have you tried talking to him about it? Honestly if he's the type to just move on to the "easy" one that he wasn't worth your time to begin with. Go out, do something for yourself. Be i places where you can meet new people. It will happen, you will see.
    Thank you for your help. Going out is a good idea but recently I haven't, hopefully I will find the time. I hope you're right about finding new people.

Oct 1, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tonearmy
    well i have been in a similar situation, i am a guy, and my best way to get over the girl that has moved on to my buddy, is to pay attention to their imperfections. dont think about how cute or funny he is. Just look at the way he treats her, and possibly the way he interacts with other girls at your school, you may just realize that he's not such a great guy after all.

best of luck with that one, its a hard thing to go through, another suggestion, possibly do things, keep yourself busy.
    Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who's been through this, it made me feel better, (though I'm sorry you had to go through the same). Looking at their imperfections is not such a hard thing, I have tried it but I didn't completely succeed, but with time hopefully I will. I guess there are too many people in this world that aren't worth our love, too bad, it was all a waste. However now I am ready to move on, and I will – hopefully – because of all the great suggestions and encouragements I found in this site and from its users.
    TOONICE Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Getting a hobby was a really good idea. Kick boxing sounds pretty good, plus I get to imagine I’m kicking them! :p No I’m only kidding. When I posted this I was truly bummed, but now I’m trying to get over it and improve myself. Boyfriends come on their own, and I have time for them later, but now is the time to become someone and build my personality. Thank you for answering my question, it really helped.
    P.S I am in high school as you guessed.

Best of Luck to you! And remember, no matter what happens in HS... it all changes after graduation.

Sincerely,

TOONICE
    sweety_101 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Its really difficult to get over someone you like I think everyone has gone through it. It's a tough task. Although with a posative mindset and determination you can easily overcome it. Just think how much happier you'll be when you won't be constantly thinking about the same thing over and over again. Its not even something you want to be thinking about. Every single time the thought of him and your friend pops into your head just say to your yourself stop. And patiently think of something else such as what you might want to do over the weekend or pursue another boy that's mabey in your class. Sooner or later you'll have gotten over it like that. All it needs is some time.
    kittykatmeli Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Oct 3, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Well my story is that there was this guy who kept trying to become my boyfriend for more than a year, then when i gave him the attention he longed for he moved on to my friend. he used to come to me and play fights and jokes and makes me laugh soo much, now he doesnt come to me, he goes to my friend and rarely talks to me. i know my friend started giving him attention, and like any other guy, he went to the easy one. he never gave her any attention, why is he now? i came to the conclusion i want to get over him. BUT HOW? i think about him all the time, i can't study, i can't think, im depressed. i have to see him everyday in school hitting on my friend and i can't do anything about it. i just want someone to PLEASE help me and tell me how to get over him and stop thinking of him and move on!! im sure its not impossible, but until now im losing my sanity!! no one is helping, and i can't seem to find the answer on my own. is there anyone who's been through this situation and found out the answer? can anyone in this world help me? :(
    First of all don't call that other girl your friend because she isn't. I advise you to stop talking to her. Since he was trying to get with you for that long when he finally got you he didn't want you anymore because he knows he has you and he knows he can get you. Guys like things they can't have its like a game to them. He's an you don't need a person like that and he knows its hurting you seeing him with your friend. Show him you don't care about him, when you talk to him be a b**** and let him it's he's lost.
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 4, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Maybe this guy still really likes you and is trying to make you jealous by talking to your friend? If you don't think hats it then my answer is the same as everyone else's. Get busy. This guy doesn't seem to be worth any thought at all so ignore him at school. Believe me, I'm going through the same thinbg at the moment and I'm just focusing on my friends and my grades. Good Luck!
    misshim14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 05:13 PM

OK look; I know how you feel. And many people have probably been stuck on this type problem too. In my opinion, maybe he's trying to get you jealous so that you would pay even more attention to him. But trying to make someone jealous is wrong. And he's probably not worth it, if he doesn't know what he's doing to you, and doesn't stop. If your really wanting to get over him, first I'd ask him why he doesn't talk to you anymore. Be strong about it, show him that it doesn't hurt you, and reply and defend yourself. You don't want to come off weak, like you can't live without him. If I were you I'd do this because your probably wondering why. And if you don't know you might actually regret asking him later on. You could message him, too. You don't have to ask him in person. Plus if your friend knows how you feel about him doing this to you, and she still gives him attention. Maybe she's not a true friend. Then get with some of your best friends and have a big girls night out! By having fun you'd actually forget about him. Think about what he has done to you. Do you really want a guy like that who doesn't notice he's hurting you? Or who doesn't notice what he's doing? You DESERVE better. Get dressed up, look your best, and try hanging with some guys. And flirt a little bit. Or just become their friends. By meeting new guys, you actually start to realize what the other guy never had. And you should keep moving forward. Be happy with yourself and who you are. There's a BIG reason why he's not with you now. And by doing all that. A nice guy, who will wait for you, will come along. And you'll be glad that you moved on. You got your whole life ahead of you. Learn from simple mistakes, and don't worry about some guy.

Yeahh it'll be hard. And your probably like, yeah she wasn't much help, its harder than she thinks. Trust me I know. Be strong, you can do it :]

Jan 16, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by misshim14 View Post
    yeahh it'll be hard. and your probably like, yeah she wasn't much help, its harder than she thinks. trust me i know. be strong, you can do it :]
    Fisrt, I would like to thank you for posting an answer for my question. :)
    Second, this is going to be long but please read and reply!!

Wow, it has been a very long time since I've posted anything about this topic or heard from anyone about it as well. I got over it for a while last year and things were going really good for me. Then on the last day of school he came by and told me I was very dear and special to him. He told me he thought I truly understood him and was the closest to his heart than any of our friends (encluding the one I mention earlier.) After the heartfelt talk he gave me a necklace and made me promise to always wear it whether we met each other next year in school or not. He also made me promise not to tell anyone he gave me the necklace. He said he didn't want our other friends to give him problems about why he gave me something and didn't give them anything. At the end of the day I gave his best friend a bracelet and told him to give it to him because I couldn't for different reasons.
    We met each other once during the summer break, and I think that was the beginning of another faze of distance.
    I walked after the summer break into my school with high hopes wearing the necklace. He wore the bracelet. And I couldn't stop beaming. The first day was great, we sat next to each other in all our classes and talked and laughed. However the following days he stopped wearing the bracelet, and he stopped talking to me, at all! I kept wearing the necklace, but in time he started a relationship with the same best friend I wrote about, and I was completely confused, and as you can guess, heartbroken. Therefore I stopped wearing the necklace that secretly represented us.
    Time passed, and I didn't do much about the subject, I just accepted it, but deep inside I was, I confess, jealous, and very much confused. Nowadays we talk, but not as before when we were supposedly more than friends, and not even like last year. He grew apart from me. And as for my friend we aren't anymore. We fight almost everyday and I dispise her now (though I didn't tell anyone the truth of my feelings for her, she knows). I used to like her and think no matter what I shouldn't break the friendship, but now I truly don't want her friendship.
    To make things short for everyone, last night I had a dream about him, and the moment I woke up I found an email from you "misshim14" telling me to ask him why he changed.

My question for you is... now after you, and everyone else, knows what happened through all this time, do you still advice me to ask him? Or do you advice me to stick with what I'm doing?
    If you think I should confront him... can you please tell me how? What do I say? "Why are you not talking to me like before? Why dont you wear the bracelet? Should I wear the necklace or does it represent something thats lost?" Too forward isn't it?

Thank you SO MUCH for your time and reply...
    Silent Breeze..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The guy holding my hand and the guy holding my heart aren't the same? [ 10 Answers ]

I really like my ex still and I have a new boyfriend and he's so sweet and all, but I'm still just so in love with my ex and it makes me feel bad for my new boyfriend.. I mean I told my ex that I still like him and everything but the thing is is that he has a new girlfriend and so yeah I can't...

I like this guy and I want to tell him. [ 7 Answers ]

I really like this guy that is pretty new to my school. He's really nice to me and I feel we've gotten to know each other. My friend thinks that he likes me, and I really like him. I have never wanted to tell someone that I liked them even if I did because I fear rejection. I didn't mind admiring...

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

How to ask a guy out? [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I like my friend's brother, he is two years older than me. He is sooo sweet,:p but don't know how to ask him to go out, will he say yes, or no?! help! :eek: :( :confused:

How to get over a guy you like? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello please help me, I posted a comment a few days back about a guy I liked, briefly outlining that I liked him but KNEW nothing could happen because of the differences between us, like smokin, drugs etc! It's still on my mind 24/7 but however much I WANT him I KNOW it can't happen. At the moment...

View more questions Search