Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morrisl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Warm air central heating
    We have hot air central heating - new last year, very efficient if not a bit noisy. BUT it doesn't really warm the bedrooms. The air duct only extends to the hall upstairs, the idea being that we leave the bedroom doors open to let the air go in - but it is not enough. What could we efficiently supplement the heating with?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 10:01 AM
    I would have the duct checked first. It could be dampered down or a register in the floor could be covered up. A small electric heater could cure you no heat problems in the bedrooms if nothing is found with the central heat system.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
    You say you have no supply ducts going to the bedrooms, you may want to see if you can add a duct to the bedrooms, adding electric space heaters will significantly raise your electric bill, this would be a last resort fix.
    If you have an attic space above your upstairs you might be able to install some duct work from the ceiling of the hall where its warm through a duct booster fan and into the bedrooms at the ceiling, good luck ,Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air & Heating [ 7 Answers ]

Good Day, I recently changed my thermostat from a White Rogers to a Hunter programmable model 44260. I connected the system myself and now realize that the heat is not coming out of the vents. The fan is blowing but cool air. I have six wires coming out of the wall plus a jumper on the thermostat....

Code 33 air conditioner blows warm air [ 2 Answers ]

a/c blows warm air.. I checked and replaced my filters and vents(as best I could).is there another way or better yet. Can someone pont me in the right direction for other things to check... the blower and everything else appears to be working fine. The wheel spins.. Any help or guidance would be...

Air conditioner blowing warm air [ 3 Answers ]

My air conditioner is blowing warm air out, I called a local heat and air repair and they changed out the condenser. That did not work. I was told that I would need to get a new condenser fan motor, because it was "locked up". My question is, if the condenser fan motor is locked up would it even...

Gas Central Heating Air in pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Constantly having to bleed the radiators to get air out of the pipes. Originally told it was sludge and paid a fortune to get it done but still no joy. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS.

Add heating system to central air [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know if it is possible to add some kind of heating system to my existing central air. We did some remodeling last year and added central air. We have hot water / baseboard heating but it doesn't seem to be enough. I was wondering how big of a deal it would be to add some kind of...

View more questions Search