Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlo_2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Handycam disk in iMAC
    Hi, I've just bought an iMAC but the drive doesn't sem to accommodate the smaller type of handycam disks. Do I need to get some kind of external drive?

Thanks,
    Jon
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 02:21 AM
    This really will be your final decision. You can either exchange what you have now for another that accommodate your needs or buy an external drive that supports smaller discs.
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Sep 29, 2007, 02:47 AM
    Never put any disc smaller than that of a CD inside of an iMac, it will get stuck. You will need an external drive. I use a Plextor, which is OK, it gets the job done. It has a groove in the tray for the smaller discs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony handycam disc error [ 5 Answers ]

Sony dcr-dvd210 camera. Every mini dvd put into it results in a 'disc error' C:13:00. It does not recognise any of them. Discs are Sony dvd-rw, surely whole box is not bad?

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Imac for 3d games [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a new iMac Core 2 Duo,2,16 GHz, 20" LCD,2GB SDRAM of memory,250 GB serial ATA drive and a superdrive and a video card ATI Radeon x 1600 128 mb VRAM Do you believe that it is a sufficiently powerful machine to play the newest 3D games? Would it be helpful if I purchased...

Sony handycam digital 8 trv285e [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot get my camara picked up on my computer using ilink cable. The camera is recognised using usb cable without any problems. The camera shows the DV in function but does recognise the camera. Can any one help?

View more questions Search