Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Questiongirlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
    LCD screen problems
    I wanted to ask about my LCD Westinghouse TV, but this is the closest topic I could find.
    :(
    My TV stopped working. I brought it to the "tv store" as I thought the warranty/service plan from the store would cover it. However, the person working there said that the black spots that were on the screen meant I dropped the TV or in some way hit the screen and thus it wasn't covered. I never hit the screen (It is 20" - not likely to get hit?). I didn't notice the spots when it broke down and thought they might have been from the ride down to the "TV shop".
    Regardless, the TV did not break from being hit. Can you explain this? Was the TV store person correct in saying that my TV damage was not covered because it was not from normal wear and tear? Thank you in advance for your help.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Does this help any?

Amazon.com: Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p LCD Video Monitor: Electronics
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Oct 4, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Are they small pixel sized dots or larger areas where the color is darker?
    LCD monitors can have bad/stuck pixels, a larger area where the color is darker would indicate damage to the screen.
    For bad pixes try this:
    How to Fix a Stuck Pixel on an LCD Monitor - wikiHow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insects inside LCD Screen [ 4 Answers ]

Tiny corn lice have been able to enter into the LCD screen on my Samsung SyncMaster 171s computer screen. They are visible crawling around between the screen layers. Samsung so far are claiming this is not possible. They should have told the corn lice. I am very dissapointed with my 3month old...

Split picture screen on Emerson 20in LCD [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. Please help. :rolleyes: :eek:

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T10 (Broken LCD Screen) [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much money I can get for my Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera DSC-T10 , that has a broken LCD screen? (The camera was used for 7 months, until the screen broke) Thanks.

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search