Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommyeric Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2005, 11:19 AM
    Vynils to CD's
    I am trying to convert Vynils to CD's, I have a record player and a Preamp which I have connected to my Pc, the music plays OK througn my PC but using sound recorder when I try to record it doesn't record, am I doing something wrong. I'm using windows XP Pro. HELP please :confused:
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 9, 2005, 03:16 PM
    Hi. Assuming you are using your computer's onboard sound card, I would first check under Windows control panel/sounds and audio devices. Check that it is set to the proper recording device, all necessary inputs are enabled, and the recording volume is set adequately high for the proper input. If you are using another card such as a Creative Labs product, let us know what your specific hardware is. You might also tree a free sound editor like Audacity...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Good luck. Hope this helps a bit.

Oct 10, 2005, 06:14 AM
    Vynils to cd's
    I'm not really experienced enough to start meddling with the innards of my PC but I've been into 'sounds and audio devices' Volume is set at approx 70%and sound playback showed Realtek AC 97 audio as default, sound recording showed the same and Midi music playback showed Microsoft GS Wavetable sw synth as default. In Voice both playback recording were set as realtek AC97 audio
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Oct 10, 2005, 07:27 AM
    I have occasionally had some strange problems with sound recorder - mainly because it's not designed to do what you are trying to do. I would suggest downloaded an audio recorder, such as the one Thomas suggested above, or Wavepad at www.nch.com.au/wavepad/ - I use that on a regular basis and I love the program.

It all depends on how far you want to go to record your records.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 10, 2005, 11:09 PM
    As long as your recording level is set to at least 70% as well, I'd say you are doing everything right. I agree, it sounds like a software issue at this point, probably Sound Recorder. I forgot about WavePad. Another excellent choice. Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

Oct 11, 2005, 02:34 AM
    Sound to vynils
    Hi
    Thanks for your suggestions, I have downloaded Wavepad, I've just got to sort it out now
    Eric

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple OS CD's [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 desktop and 2 laptop PC's, all Compaq. All Windows XP SP2. On one that my son used I want to completely wipe and reinstall Windows. The OS CD's I got with the computers are all mixed up, don't know which is for which. Does it matter? If I use the CD I got with one of the laptops on his...

Vynils to CD's [ 3 Answers ]

I have a number of Vynil rtecords which I want to convert to CD's, what do I need to do this and how do I go about it

Auto exe. Cd's [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to make an auto exe. Cd's start faster?

I don't want them to copy my cd's! [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do in oder to make it hard to copy a cd. I've attempted to copy some cd's and they won't let me. I need some of my media cd's to work the same way. I can I do this?

Making video CD's [ 2 Answers ]

How can I take my analog video and put it on a CD through my CD Burner? Any video techies out there?

View more questions Search