Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkg67550 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Alexander Graham Bell's genealogy
    Does anyone know where name GRAHAM came from, in Alexander Graham Bell's name? Someone said that it came from his grandfather, but I cannot locate this information.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Check the links at the bottom of this page. There is much about the genealogy of AGB on the net too, including at the Library of Congress site online.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Look through this Google page on Alexander Graham Bell:
    alexander graham bell+genealogy - Google Search

Edit: This from Wikpedia - "At age ten, he made a plea to his father to have a middle name like his two brothers.[12] For his 11th birthday, his father acquiesced and allowed him to adopt the middle name "Graham" chosen out of admiration for Alexander Graham, a Canadian being treated by his father and boarder who had become a family friend.[13] To close relatives and friends he remained "Aleck" which his father continued to call him into later life.[14]"
    Full article here - Alexander Graham Bell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alexander Graham Bell [ 13 Answers ]

What are the names of the children of Alexander Graham Bell? I think I am related to him. My mom was a Bell before she married, and she often spoke of a "Mother Carrie". Thank you in advance for any help.

Alexandra Graham Bell [ 3 Answers ]

Where did Alexandra Graham Bell get his middle name from?

Jeanne Bell, sister of Alexander Graham Bell [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to find out information on Jeanne Bell, i.e. parents, date of birth, marriage, etc.

Genealogy [ 3 Answers ]

Does anybody know what genealogy all about? I'd like to know asap! Thanks! Alex Davis

How to start tracking genealogy? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know my family but past my grandparents telling us names of ancestors, I don't know much about where we come from. Can anyone suggest how we should start? Thanks Cherry;)

View more questions Search