Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hmm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Is There Hope For My Relationship
    Last Sunday night my boyfriend of three months went out socially drinking for the first time I ended up extremely drunk and became offensive and embarrassing towards my boyfriend, before that fateful night he was so romantic and really opened up to me letting me into his life and he said he was in this relationship with me for the long run now he says he is so hurt by my behaviour he does not want to be in the relationship, I have told him how I feel and that I want him more than anything and he said he will call me on Sunday when he returns from his business trip, how can I sort this and will he take me back?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Unfortunately when we drink to excess we run the risk of running our mouths when we shouldn't. Looks like you got a first hand lesson in that.

You have already apologized for your behavior so now all you can do is wait and see how he feels about the relationship when he returns. When he does return sit down with him and listen to what he has to say. His feelings are hurt, let him vocalize why and what happened. Listen!

I can't tell you if he is going to take you back or not, that is his decision. Either way, take this as a learning experience. Drinking to excess can lead to behavior that is not reflective of the real you.
    QuikFeedmeplz Posts: 36, Reputation: -1

Sep 28, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Im not expert, but from answers from my problem pll giving me is the same...
    Only time will tell.. If its meant to be it will be so..
    I know it sucks.. for me its hard to think that way.. but it's the truth.
    Wait it out, I'm sure he understands what it means to be drunk and act like that.

Sep 28, 2007, 07:54 AM
    The worrying aspect of the outcome is that he was in a relationship with a woman for three years who behaved like this with him every time they went out and he says my behaviour brought back all those bad memories, we have chatted on the phone twice and sent a couple of texts the last call today he said he would think about me over the weekend and call me on Sunday he knows I want him still and I am hoping his mind will change
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 07:56 AM
    I hope that you take his past into consideration if he does take you back. Chances are he will never be overly fond of you over drinking.

Sep 28, 2007, 07:59 AM
    I feel so bad about this and it is extremely out of character of me so much that I have had to take this week off work I have prayed for forgiveness and cried every day and night since last Sunday and I still feel so bad at my behaviour I cannot even look at myself in the mirror, I don't usually drink much to begin with I used to only have a couple of wines on a Friday night and that was me but now I am stopping that for fear of falling into the same situation again
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Take this as a glimpse of you, if you do not get a hold of this problem as drinking can ruin your life. I don't know if it will make a difference to the ex, but as long as you learn your lesson, you will be better for it.
    Zell Posts: 57, Reputation: 6

Sep 28, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I know you made a mistake, but don't be so hard on yourself. Tell this guy what he means to you when you speak on Sunday, also listen to what he's got to say. You clearly have strong feelings for this guy ( I got that from 'I have had to take this week off work I have prayed for forgiveness and cried every day and night since last sunday'). You just have to hope this guy see that and reilises what he has got, and that you made a mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any hope for us? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for about a year and a half (all but a month of which was long distance.). We'd see each other for about 10 days every 3 months. During that time I stuck with him through his depression and a lot of things that would have driven most away and we developed a really close...

Is there any hope? [ 7 Answers ]

Please be straight with me. I'm 22 years old and I can't get a girlfriend for any thing at all. Now I can get to her friendship but I can't get her to love me. Or if I see a girl I want to maybe be with I can't get her to like me, you know i'll see her and I don't know what to do. and yes I do be...

Is there any hope for me? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is if you have an abortion what are your chances for concieving again? I had one 5 years ago and now me and my boyfriend have been trying and nothing. Any advice?

Is there hope for me? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, to everyone my name is peaches.I just have a question, I am a 25 yr old female who has 2 children ages 8 and 7 years of age I have been wanting to have more kids since for ever and have been unsuccessful. My current boyfriend doesn't have any kids and he wants one I don't know if it is me...

Is there any hope for us? [ 1 Answers ]

After my boyfriend broke up with me 7 months ago I decided to use it as a learning curve and became a new confidant person. Im exercising, trying new thing, change my look every now and again and am even looking into starting my own business. Which is all great because I feel like my own person...

View more questions Search