Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    overforty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Depo shot
    I had my first shot two month ago also. I am scheduled to go back on Oct 17 also. I, too have been bleeding continually for 35 days and counting. Is this normal... too bleed continually.. not spoting... but continually like a regular period?
    Should I go back to see my doctor?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:14 AM
    When first introduced to the Depo shot, your body can take some time to adjust. Having irregularities in you period, even continued bleeding, is normal... while still I think 35 days is a bit much to put up with.

It can take your body up to 6 months to adjust to the shot, then for the majority of women, the shot stops your cycle altogether :)

It wouldn't hurt to give your doctor a call to ease your mind, most offices have a nurse line so you can speak to someone the same day and get some relief.
    lovebird120 Posts: 110, Reputation: 11

Jan 2, 2010, 02:07 AM

After my first shot (I didn't get another one) I had my period for almost 2 months...
    Cfaligal Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 10:52 PM

I took the depo shot for almost 2 years and never had this problem. I def think you should give your gyno a call and fill her in. It doesn't sound normals to me. Maybe a few weeks, but 35 days seems to be 2 much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 3 Answers ]

All right, my last depo shot was July 5, 2005. So its been about 2 years since my last shot. I haven't had but 1 period since then and it was December 2006. It was extremely heavy and it lasted a whole month. Since then I haven't had a period. Me and my husband have tried and tried, but I can't get...

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

View more questions Search