Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosa0515 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 08:03 PM
    He is not giving deposit money back
    last year in december i moved into a basement aparment with my two yearl old son and a roomate.. i had many problem with her so she moved out after a few months, later then my boyfriend moved in .. i got pregnant and i couldn't afford the aparment anymore i gave the lanlord 1month and half notice i had to go since it wasn't a lease aparment the last month i couldnt pay all 700 and gave her 500 and told her to take 200 out of the deposit then her son said my son made the rug bad and that he was deducting 100 from the deposit .now he rushed me to leave beacuse he had some one else moving in next month sep1 ..its been the whole month and he keeps giving me excuses about the 400 dollars he has to give back wat should i do..the mom or him are not even the real owners of the house and there is no way for me to contact the real owner:confused:
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 05:38 AM
    File a lawsuit in small claims court against him, his mother and the owner of the house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Also check the laws for your state. There are rules about how quickly the deposit must be returned. In some states if its not returned in time, the landlord owes double. You can find links to state laws in the "sticky" at the top of this forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can landlord take money from deposit to cover damage to other's property [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the ability of a landlord to take money from his tenant's deposit. I live in California. A neighbor who rents, had a party in the building. One of his guests damaged my property which was located, with permission, in a common area of the building. The...

Pet Deposit = worthelss waste of money? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've just moved out of my apartment. I had been there since August of 2001, and paid a $200.00 pet deposit, plus $10.00 extra per month, to have my cat. Upon moving out, the letter I received from them, stated that I had only been there since Sept. of 2004, (I'm getting proof from several...

Need money for security deposit [ 9 Answers ]

I need 200.00 dollars buy the 25th of October to pay my landlord so I can move in. I am currently living with some one. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you:(

Who claims the deposit money? [ 2 Answers ]

State: California Hello, Here is the scenario. The prospect and seller signed on the deal. The prospect needed to qualify for the loan PRIOR to the closing. The prospect made a deposit and told the seller he will be ready within 40 days. The first loan request was rejected because of low...

View more questions Search