Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mclapp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Replacing a p-trap in a dap-out once shower is installed?
    Hello all,
    It is my understanding after reading several threads on this site that when installing a shower over a slab of concrete you need to leave a hole "Dap-out" about 14x14 so you are able to perform maintenance on the P-Trap if needed. But once the shower is installed over the P-Trap how would you be able to access the P-Trap without moving the whole shower from over top of it?
    SpaceRatt Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Sep 27, 2007, 08:58 PM
    It's not really for maintenance, it's so it can be moved back and forth for adjusting when installing. If you want it to be future maintenance enabled, you'll have to make an access door on the other side of the shower wall.
    mclapp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Thank you SpaceRatt, I may have more questions later about this access door!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Barrel Trap from Tub/Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a pickle and am not sure what to do. I've got a drum trap that began leaking at a solder joint to it. I've looked around for a replacement, but they're hard to find. I want to replace it with a typical P trap, but I have a question about how to go about it. The existing picture...

Trap for Shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a shower in my bathroom, which is in the first floor of my house and has concrete slab. I have to build a platform for the base of the shower. The platform has to be almost 12" over the slab to be able to fit the trap under it. My question if it is possible to place the trap about...

Frameless shower door installed on glass block [ 1 Answers ]

I am faced with trying to install a frameless shower door on glass block. The problem is that with the weight of the 3/8" door and the spacing of the hinges;it is not feasible to anchor the hinges into the grout joints. Any suggestions?

Shower Trap [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house. While crawling through the crawl space on an unrelated issue I noticed that one of the drain lines was leaking. Further inspection showed that the shower in the master bath does not have a trap. Instead the pipe drops about 24 inches straight down (very noisy...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search