Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnie6120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Doctors misconduct
    Is there any laws concerning what a doctor can NOT DO to a patient. The other day my doctor for my lower back had me turn around with my back to him, he lifted my calf legnth dress and fixed my rolled down underwear. I had no idea he was going to just lift my dress up. I was very embarrassed and have sought another physician, but isn't there some kind of dr. s ethics that he should abide by. Thank you
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
    A doctor should explain ANYTHING they are going to do to you BEFORE they do it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Yes, he should have merely told you to undress or get into a hospital gown that he could have looked into the back of.

I don't see a problem with him doing this, how else is he going to check your lower back, but he should have told you he was doing it,
    But many doctors today are doing the rush though, little talk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling on Doctors [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for anyone with successful experience selling to doctors -such as medical supplies, medical equipment, medical software, etc. what is the best way you have found to set up appts with physicians for a sales presentation. I need a way to get past the front desk and speak with the...

Went to the doctors ! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi every one just to let you all know that I went to the doctors today and yeah I am preggy. Thank you for every one who has been helping me with my questions.

Deputy sexual misconduct [ 3 Answers ]

The chief deputy in an Iowa county was investigated by the Iowa division of criminal investigation. The paper says he faces allegations of sexual misconduct. He was placed on paid administrative leave at the beginning of the investigation and was fired shortly after the investigation started. It...

Should I go to the Doctors or Ride it out? [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, Here is my scenerio... I am 44, have ALWAYS had regular and normal periods, but have missed my last one completely... I would assume maybe the start of perimenopausal, except I have been having cramping every since the time I should have started and also dull pain in lower left side...

Problem with doctors [ 1 Answers ]

Nadia, I`ve come across another ethical problem with doctors, they are now using Biofeed back machines which were developed by the milititary as "Mind Control" devices... Originally the FDA band less (perhaps powerful versions) Over many years. Now they seem not to realise what was known as...

View more questions Search