Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annking Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Lost and found
    I found a purse in a cart outside astore, brought it home and tried to locate the owner, I couldn't so I took itback to the store. Did I do anything wrong?
    annking Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annking
    i found a purse in a cart outside astore, brought it home and tried to locate the owner, i couldnt so i took itback to the store. did i do anything wrong?
    I found a purse outside a store and brought it home and tried to find the owner, I couldn't so I took it back to thestore. Can I be in trouble for bringing it home?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 02:02 PM
    No but you probably would have been better off taking it to the police.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Well from the time you "picked it up" to the time you took it back to the store, you could have been arrested for possession of stolen property if the owner had reported it missing, lets say you pick it up and are walking to your car, not back into the store, the police were called because someone had grabbed it, they threw it down after taking the money out, but the police see you going away from the store with the purse, guess who gets beat down and taken in??

Just a thought, always turn it in at the scene.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Found my lost love [ 35 Answers ]

I am 58 and I recently was reunited with my childhood sweetheart after 40 years. First I would like to say that I have been happily married to the same woman for 37 years. I found my childhood sweetheart through classmates.com. I had posted a message and after a long period she contacted me. She is...

Sex - Needed, Missed, Lost & Found [ 20 Answers ]

I'm curious what most people think a good amount of sex is for a 29 year old male and 24 year old female? I currently (in a bad lull) am only having sex with my fiancé 1 time per week... At one point it was 3-4 times a week... I think a healthy relationship needs ADEQUATE sex 3+ times a week to...

I found the one, but what about the other ones? [ 3 Answers ]

I found a woman who absolutely means the world to me. Everything that I could ever want in a woman, you know the type. But I can't keep my mind from wandering. I know that she is the perfect one to settle down with but I can't help but seeking more women. I've been successful with women in the...

Lost love found married [ 40 Answers ]

I had special feelings for this guy during my college days but the relationship just went off unsaid.we met after many years to realise that we shared the same feelings till date.but the situations were I was a divorcée with a kid and he was about to get married to his love.he married her and...

View more questions Search