Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 27, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Job policy sucks poop threw a straw
    They want you to call them 24 hours a head if your going to be out but they have the right to call you on your day off and tell you they need you in work in a half hour.

Yea because I know I'm going to be sick 24-hours in advance
    "Oh tomorrow morning i am going to have a stomach ache! Let me tell my job!"

-.-

ninjaa pease.

Not fair if you ask me

They can call at any random time telling you they ened you but if yo uwere to call I nthat same day they get mad.
    Pfffffffft.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
    I used to be in that game and remember. I learned quick to not answer the phone. There was no caller-id back then but we did have answering machines :)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Listen to Rick, the words of experience.

Sep 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Yea haha, but then I would feel bad because what if it was something important? But I never ever follow the 24 hour rule. If they do it then I can to haha
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Sep 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
    That is so lame! I would be pissed to! Yea don't answer your phone invest in Caller ID!

Sep 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Caller Id FTW!

Sep 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Ftw?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
    If it was important they'd leave a message. Don't feel bad when you "let down" those who would only use you. You work because you have to, not because they love you so much. Fulfill your obligations/duties that you know of... and do a good job for them... but draw the line.

Sep 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Haha yea that's true, I never really thought about it that way. Im out of that job now. They want us to smile and be as ncie to the customer as possible, no problem at all I'm friendly, I'm smiley, I'm loving but if the customer starts becoming a pain where the sun dotn shine yeaaa... I have a short temper, and I'm to sarcastic for my own good, one thing my boss hated about me.
    Im like a younger version of Rosanne when I start gettign annyoed hahaha .

I love Rosanne, That show is great.
    But that's besides the point.

Oh and when you have to fill in 2 people who know you who are not your fmaily members as your reference, why do you have to do that?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Sadly I know the "For The Win" acronym. I'm a 20 year old stuck in a 45 year old body.

Sep 27, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Oh I was lost!

Sep 27, 2007, 03:18 PM
    FTW is great. Haha

Why are you lost Mrs.joe
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Why do you have to list two references that are not related to you? People who are related to you are not considered to be the best source of information - as they are biased and will only say the person is "just great", a "hard worker" - those kinds of things. Many places do not even consider a relative's word for a prospective employee.

The two non related references will, hopefully, give a better balanced view to the would be employee.

Sep 27, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Yea I never fill those things out. Relaying on the people on I know out side of the family is like replying on a rat to be in charge of cheeeese.
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
    LMAO. I like that part - relying on a rat to be in charge of the cheeeeese. I have worked in some of those places. OY!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    Yea I never fill those things out. Relaying on the people on I know out side of the family is like replying on a rat to be in charge of cheeeese.
    Chances are, then, that you will have a very hard time getting a job in the future.

Non-related references are a necessity for most jobs for adults.

As an Executive Secretary in my past life (7 years ago), all applications that were not filled out in entirety were filed in File 13, never to be seen or heard from again.

Sep 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
    What if I am a lonely women who lives with 7 cats and I have no friends? Then no job? =(

That's mean. I know, I can make up two friends. Bob and Mary.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa=x

Hahah no the problem is, most of my friends are lazy little bums who don't have jobs/ want to work so they wouldn't know how to respond if someone called them saying " "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whatchya htinking about Reneee ;] "

I mean. Theyd say like "uhhhhhhhhh... she smells good? "
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Honestly, all kidding aside, when I would send out references and something came back that just sounded so stupid, I would call the person who sent the reference in. While it is true that you generally only ask your friends or former co-workers for a reference, they can stretch the truth as well as a relative.
    Even former employers are not completely honest in giving out references. I once hired someone I had previously worked with at another agency. Her references came back in great recommendations. No one ever told me she had been fired for major theft. Her former employer never said word one. When I found out and did ask my former boss about it, he said it was to protect their agency from a possible lawsuit.

Sep 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Well I'm not working now cause School is taking up too much of my time, but when I do eventually go back working I'm going to try to find reliable references.

Sep 28, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    FTW is great. Haha

Why are you lost Mrs.joe

I had no idea what it meant! But now I get it hahaha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The last straw for Fred Thompson? [ 20 Answers ]

Apparently, Fred Thompson may be doomed as GOP nominee for reasons I didn't see - he has a trophy wife 24 years younger then he is. http://entimg.msn.com/i/wi/04/02/22/52345/2273000.jpg Susan Estrich basically makes the case that this is irrelevant to his chances, but "the reaction I hear...

EX-Roommate threw away mail [ 4 Answers ]

I found out that an old room mate that I lived with in Aug. of 06 has been throwing away my mail. I did a change of address, but the change of address is only good for so many days. I had a warrant put out on my for a failure to appear and found out that the letter was sent to his address. This man...

Grass looks like straw [ 2 Answers ]

My grass has large patches of dried, dead-looking, straw-like growth. I read this may be fungus?? Or is this a type of grass which grows locally (Pitman, south NJ). Please e-mail to [email protected] if anyone has ideas!

At the last straw [ 3 Answers ]

I've received civil court papers to appear in court for my credit card debt. If I put in to file bankruptcy is it to late will they continue with any garnishment. Also do you need to have a certain amount of money in your bank account in order for any creditors to put a freeze on it.

View more questions Search