Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xAjikanx
    They want you to call them 24 hours a head if your gonna be out but they have the right to call you on your day off and tell you they need you in work in a half hour.

Yea because I know i'm going to be sick 24-hours in advance
    "Oh tomorrow morning i am going to have a stomach ache! Let me tell my job!"
    Is the 24 hour requirement for sick days or vacation absences? Most jobs do require 24 hour notice when you take paid leave. There is nothing onerous about that. However, as you point out, it would be pretty silly to expect 24 hour notice for sick time.

As for being on call, that's the nature of the job. I work in IT and have, at times, worked on call. If you don't like that requirement, don't take that type of job.
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Yea that's true but unless you want to work in a deli... then yea haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The last straw for Fred Thompson? [ 20 Answers ]

Apparently, Fred Thompson may be doomed as GOP nominee for reasons I didn't see - he has a trophy wife 24 years younger then he is. http://entimg.msn.com/i/wi/04/02/22/52345/2273000.jpg Susan Estrich basically makes the case that this is irrelevant to his chances, but "the reaction I hear...

EX-Roommate threw away mail [ 4 Answers ]

I found out that an old room mate that I lived with in Aug. of 06 has been throwing away my mail. I did a change of address, but the change of address is only good for so many days. I had a warrant put out on my for a failure to appear and found out that the letter was sent to his address. This man...

Grass looks like straw [ 2 Answers ]

My grass has large patches of dried, dead-looking, straw-like growth. I read this may be fungus?? Or is this a type of grass which grows locally (Pitman, south NJ). Please e-mail to [email protected] if anyone has ideas!

At the last straw [ 3 Answers ]

I've received civil court papers to appear in court for my credit card debt. If I put in to file bankruptcy is it to late will they continue with any garnishment. Also do you need to have a certain amount of money in your bank account in order for any creditors to put a freeze on it.

View more questions Search