Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Karma scale
    Is there such a thing as a karma scale, for example if something great happened to me would something equally as bad happen to balance it out, and if I do something that isn't that bad, will something that isn't that good happen
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
    I don't really think that is how it works, otherwise all bad people will have terrible things happening to them and all good people will have only good happening to them.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    I dont really think that is how it works, otherwise all bad people will have terrible things happening to them and all good people will have only good happening to them.
    What
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear
    what
    I just meant that good and bad are not really that balanced in this world.
    That good does not equal a good or bad does not equal a bad in this world.

If it was, all the good people willl have happy times in their life.
    Or the bad people will have all bad things happening to them.

But I do believe in all getting their just due,if not in this life then the next.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 02:25 AM
    So how does it work then
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Sep 28, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Karma is not really about your experiences in life, its more about your actions. The old saying, "what goes around, comes around," comes from the idea of karma. Meaning if you help someone out, later when you need help, it will be there for you. Or if you betray someone, expect the same later.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Reet, OK then why do things seem to happen in opposites for example my iPod broke but sort of in return I got the grades I wanted to get into Uni, that was sort of balanced I mean the thought that my iPod broke was devastating almost in equality with the happiness my grades brought, but now I've fixed my iPod so I'm a lot happier now just wonering how 'karma' was going to come and get me, but your saying that it isn't karma that's coming to get me,(this sounds paranoid doesn't it)
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 12:46 PM
    It doesn't work like that. What you refer to sound more like superstition. Karma is a debt you owe yourself not others. As said above, do good and you will have good done unto you. Do bad and be prepared to pick up the bill.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Oct 1, 2007, 07:56 AM
    is there such a thing as a karma scale, for example if something great happened to me would something equally as bad happen to balance it out, and if i do something that isnt that bad, will something that isnt that good happen
    No one knows how "it" works and to assume such is to be God. However it is said that Karma is something you have to endure to atone for the evil doings of a previous life. Based on that assumption, accordingly, you are also rewarded for the good you do in your next life. In any case, if any of it were true, no one would ever know it because the evidence/results applies to the next life and not the one you are currently in. Like... who would care what the next life brings if you will not be cognizant of the "time" you are serving for whatever crime you committed in the previous life? Of what gifts you receive in the next?

Scenerio:
    Two men walking down the street:
    One man turns to the other and says, "Wow, that fella over there," pointing to a poorly dressed man entering an apartment house, "he's the one that won that million bucks the other day, but nobody's allowed to tell him!"
    The other man says," I don't get it. What's the point, then?"

Anybody got an answer for that one.. . let me know.
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101

Scenerio:
    Two men walking down the street:
    One man turns to the other and says, "Wow, that fella over there," pointing to a poorly dressed man entering an apartment house, "he's the one that won that million bucks the other day, but nobody's allowed to tell him!"
    The other man says," I don't get it. What's the point, then?"

Anybody got an answer for that one. ... let me know.
    Its because everybody else is jelous that somebody they thought they were better than is now richer than they are and so out of spite they don't tell him.
    AquaLiz Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2007, 12:44 PM
    reet, ok then why do things seem to happen in opposites for example my ipod broke but sort of in return i got the grades i wanted to get into Uni, that was sort of balanced i mean the thought that my ipod broke was devastating almost in equality with the happiness my grades brought, but now ive fixed my ipod so im a lot happier now just wonering how 'karma' was gonna come and get me, but your saying that it isnt karma thats coming to get me,(this sounds paranoid doesnt it)
    Coincidence.
    Or perhaps consider how much time you were spending listening to your iPod. Were you listening to it when doing classwork, instead of doing classwork? Could it be that without the distraction of the iPod you were doing better in school?
    Then that's not karma.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
    No it just happened one day but sort of in return I passed my driving test and got better A-levels than I hoped for, but now I've fixed my iPod and I was just wondering what bad thing is going to happen in return, but it doesn't matter I found out what fate had instore for me, so it doesn't really matter now.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 01:36 PM
    What did happen?If you wish to share...
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I prefer not to discuss things that affect me to be honest that's why I phrase things like this question to see what other people think so that I can deal with stuff myself, but its no biggy
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Oct 5, 2007, 09:52 AM
    The energy that you put out into the universe is probably more important than any particular experience you have, in terms of karma. Your reasoning, intention and way of responding to life has a way of giving back what you give. So if you live your life with good intentions, be positive and loving in all you experience, you will be given that same energy back by the universe. It goes out and it comes back. WE are all learning how to put out the right energy, ultimately finding a balance in everything. We are all works in progress, but if our heart is in the right place, things have a way of working out..
    Focus more on the bigger picture than what you get in return for doing something, it will eliminate your chance of feeling disappointed and help direct your energy to the things that really matter, not material objects, power, money or status.

To be loving, brings peace within. When I engage in conflict, it only distracts my energy and wastes it. I am still learning how to avoid that, a flawed human but loved nonetheless...
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I don't want to focus on the bigger picture, it hurts my eyes.

Were all flawed my friend its what makes us who we are
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Oct 5, 2007, 10:28 AM
    YEs, and loved NONETHELESS...
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Oct 13, 2007, 04:32 AM
    I don't believe there is any such thing as Karma. To accept it, I would have to also accept a whole bunch of other alleged theories/concepts soaking up our civilization. The good and bad things you do in life generally reflect back at you not because of karma, but because of your own actions and thoughts. If a thing like karma were to single out each and everyone of us in respect to the good AND bad that we did, then why would Murphy's Law (another equally popular concept) apply to ALL OF US ALL OF THE TIME? Both are fallacies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I think my boyfriend has bad karma [ 4 Answers ]

This may seem like a pretty weird question, but I think my boyfriend might have bad karma. He's a nice, good guy but his car keeps getting broken into. This has been going on for about five years. It doesn't matter where we are or what kind of car he is driving, his car has been crashed into while...

Coincidence - or Karma? [ 6 Answers ]

Quickie: My sister-in-law died mysteriously at the home of her ex-husband in Texas in 2001. Her ex-husband died mysteriously in the same home in 2004. There were several things reported to us by a friend of our former in-law that make us feel that Luanne may have taken revenge for her death...

Do You believe in KARMA? [ 19 Answers ]

WELL I was just wondering if anyone else believes in karma I know I do, I think I'm paying the price right now.. just thought it would be neat from other opinions :rolleyes:

Karma is all I can say [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my problem. I am divorced and have joint custody with her having primary residence. She has done nothing but use our children as cash cows for herself. Any how My questions are these. My ex has to have extensive surgery on her spine. That will render her Disabled. That is not being...

Karma & Self-Esteem (or Self-image) [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I'm very new to this site and this is my first post. I've been searching for a rational answer to my question below for a very long time, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a convincing one up to moment. I hope that someone could help me here. Okay, my question...

View more questions Search