Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tamster34 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Oatey Sure-Vent
    My husband and I are adding a 1/2 bath to a remodeled attached garage.
    We are looking for venting options as we would have to put a stack vent for sewer
    In the outer most point of the front of our home. We will have our washing machine
    Waste, a vessel sink and toilet to vent. Do you feel that the Sure-Vent is appropriate for this job and if so can we use one sure-valve for all three? Has anyone had any bad experiences with the Sure-Valve? Does the valve need to be in an open space as I would prefer it be mounted in within our vanity.
    Tamster
    gwito21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Sep 27, 2007, 09:37 PM
    One 2" sure vent will serve all 3 fixtures just fine. It must be installed in your attic though. Also your washing machine should drain downstream of your toilet into a separate stand pipe and should be re-vented into your vent stack at least 6" above the flood rim level of your sink.

Sep 28, 2007, 06:30 AM
    That's what we had in mind, thank you sooo much!

Sep 28, 2007, 06:32 AM
    There is no attic in this room it is a cathedral ceiling, we "closeted" the utilities and new 1/2 bath, can the sure-vent be mounted inside the room above the "closet"? It is an 8' ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oatey in line vent for sewage pump in the basement [ 14 Answers ]

I am in th process of adding a basement bathroom in my house.I have hired a lic plumber. The plumber is running vent line to the sink the toilet and the shower (Lets call it vent line 1).He than connects this vent line 1 to the vent line coming out of the sewage ejector pump (Vent line 2).He...

Vent diagram - does this meet code (see pic)? Vent runs below actual drain [ 4 Answers ]

The schematic below should make it clear the configuration I would like to use. Basically, I would like to keep the vent under the floor for a little ways, so it pops up in a better location. I cannot easily move the 2" drain location going down and would rather not go straight up from the...

Where to buy oatey abs/pvc transition cement (green)? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if any of the big box stores or another national chain carry the oatey abs/pvc green transition cement? Thanks

Oatey 42150 [ 2 Answers ]

I will be installing a new acrylic shower pan and have a question regarding the Oatey 42150 no-caulk drain. It says it mounts from above the pan but do you have to attach the drain to the pan and tighten the nut before you put the pan in place or can everything be done with the pan in place?...

Oatey Brass No-Calk Shower Drain ?'s [ 0 Answers ]

I will be installing a 36" x 36" cultured marble shower pan over a wooden subfloor (I live in a condo) and plan on using an "Oatey Brass, No-Calk Shower Drain" (pn 42150) because I will not have any access from below during the installation process. Seeing that I cannot afford to have this...

View more questions Search