Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dks2114 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Taylor Series
    Can some one explain to me where does the x come from in the Taylor series. In sin(x) = 1 + X/1! +...

Why is it x and if the function turned into sin (2x) does it affect that x?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:59 PM
    If a function is infinitely differentiable, then that begins the Taylor series. Differentiable wrt to x.

Taylor series are an expansion and approximation to functions such as sin, e, etc.

Then it starts over.

Yes, the 2x will make a difference:

dks2114 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
    But does this method only work for certain functions (like trig and oiler's number) or can it work for let's say x^3??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Taylor Swift [ 1 Answers ]

I heard that Taylor Swift was arrested for aggrevated assault against her family, is there any truth in this? I searched online but haven't found anything yet.

TV series [ 1 Answers ]

There was a TV series in which the main character would get a newspaper (a day early) and he would try to prevent castastrophes from happening. He had a cat, lived over a bar and was also friend with a black blind woman. Anybody remember the name of the show?

James Taylor - song name [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a live song that James taylor made (actual a remake from the 60's) where the original singer makes a guest appearance during the final chorus. Not sure of the original singer however he has a very high pitch and the chorus is done high as well by a girl until he enters...

World Series... Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why this competition between US teams is called "World" Series, when it is only one country involved?. Shouldn't it be called just "National Series".

TV series [ 4 Answers ]

I have been asking people about this series that I think was on NBC in the 80's. It was a gangster show that was on for at least 3 seasons,one of which ended with the main bad guy in the dessert while we were testing the h-bomb.

View more questions Search