Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacermb Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Vacuum breaker
    I would like to install my dishwasher without a vacuum breaker on my sink faucet. I have a garbage disposal. I understand that I can install the dishwasher through the garbage disposal without a vacuum breaker but I do not know how. Can you help ?
    gwito21 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Sep 27, 2007, 09:47 PM
    There is a small (about 5/8" diameter) spout about 1-1/4" long sticking out of your disposer right abover where the drain pipe leaves the disposer. You will have to knock the plug out from this spout. Your dishwasher drain hose should enter under the kitchen sink cabinet as high and as far back as you can get it, and then hook it to this spout and attach it using a hose clamp.
    Nutter butter Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Without the vac break you risk flooding. Mine is done like this. Make sure you turn on you disposal a few seconds before you start the dishwasher. EVERY TIME. Your sink can fill up and over flow before you now it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

Vacuum breaker [ 2 Answers ]

I know there is a way to plumb a dishwasher in without having a vacuum breaker on your sink but I have forgotten how. Can someone help me?

Replacing Circuit Breaker with Higher AMP Breaker [ 8 Answers ]

Excuse me, I did look at the code book as is suggested in your Sticky. The NFPA may answer this question, but I am not knowledgeable enough to recognize it: Our offices are upstairs in an older (renovated home) building with modern wiring. We have 4 computers, 3 printers, and miscellaneous with...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

FEBCO pressure vacuum breaker repair kit [ 2 Answers ]

It seems the kit(#905211) to repair a FEBCO pressure vacuum breaker includes an extra O-ring, is this true or am I not assembling it correctly. Thanks for your help!

View more questions Search