Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2005, 09:20 PM
    Where Can I Get This Ring in USA?
    http://www.bevilles.com.au/content/P...sp?prodid=8646

Does anyone know where I can buy a ring just like this in USA? The site above is an Australian site and they won't sell me the ring without the diamonds unless I go to Aussieville. I'm looking for a *setting only* as I have the diamonds. If need be, I'd take a ring as close as possible to the one shown above. I'm also wondering if a jeweler could copy the photo and duplicate. Thanks much.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2005, 09:47 AM
    Yes, a good jeweler will be able to replacate the ring and readiness for your diamonds based on 1. the picture, and to the sizes and cuts of your diamonds.

Call and email a few jewelers near you asking about it and emailing them the pic... I think you'll find them quite talkative about what they can do for you.

Oct 8, 2005, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    Yes, a good jeweler will be able to replacate the ring and readiness for your diamonds based on 1. the picture, and 2 the sizes and cuts of your diamonds.

Call and email a few jewelers near you asking about it and emailing them the pic...I think you'll find them quite talkative about what they can do for you.
    Fantastic Rick!! Thanks a lot!
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2005, 10:53 AM
    You are welcome.

I guess you won't have a problem finding someone who says they can do it. The real work will be getting it done well for a reasonable price.

Oct 8, 2005, 11:07 AM
    Retry of above web address
    Yes, Rick. If I had a friend's ring to take them, they could just do a casting of it that way. <sigh> I've begun doing as you suggested by contacting some local jewelers e-mail, but haven't heard back as yet. I'm also wondering if this isn't all that unique of a setting and they might know of someone who has something super close that's cheaper than building a new ring. For some reason that web address I posted doesn't work so I'll add it again for anyone interested. Thanks.

Oct 8, 2005, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by becky92029
    For some reason that web address I posted doesn't work so I'll add it again for anyone interested. Thanks.

Rats. It's still didn't come through right to the forum. Last try then I give up.

Uber Member

Oct 8, 2005, 11:13 AM
    Strange. The link worked for me when you first posted, but not now.

I wonder if they sold it and removed it from the site.

Oct 8, 2005, 11:13 AM
    An afterthought
    Why on earth would that ring cost $3000 American?! The total weight is only 1 carat... with that many diamonds, if you do the math, they are very small. Small diamonds like that are cheap and can be found just about anywhere! Maybe 18k gold is more expensive, don't know... Never bought 18k before.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Frankly, I thought the same thing myself... but since you didn't mention the value, I figured money wasn't an issue.

You might be better off taking your diamonds to the local jewelers and say "what can you make for me in which to put these diamonds?" Show them the picture so they know what you like.

Rely on their expertise to propose some things to you. Letting them do something they can come up with on their own (and my guess is, something they've done before) will probably be significantly cheaper than trying to make exactly what you tell them you want. Know what I mean?

Oct 8, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    Frankly, I thought the same thing myself...but since you didn't mention the value, I figured money wasn't an issue.

You might be better off taking your diamonds to the local jewelers and say "what can you make for me in which to put these diamonds?" Show them the picture so they know what you like.

Rely on their expertise to propose some things to you. Letting them do something they can come up with on their own (and my guess is, something they've done before) will probably be significantly cheaper than trying to make exactly what you tell them you want. Know what I mean?

I like your idea(s). Thanks, Rick!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still together, but I gave back the ring [ 20 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year. I am very heart broken right now because we were engaged but I made a decision to give the ring back. His mother and I has a miscommunication over where a date a time for a party for myself was. After that she ripped into me about the...

Wedding Ring Question [ 6 Answers ]

My g/f and I are curious about the wedding ring thing. She doesn't want an engagement ring but I would like to get her one anyway. Also if anyone knows where I can find a good white gold engagement ring with diamonds inset id love your help. With the redding rings themselves. Who pays for them...

Which is the better value ring? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a choice of 2 solitiare diamond engagement rings and wish your opinions which is worth more please? Both 18k gold, one white one yellow. First one 0.21 ct round cut, f/g brilliant, clarity I1, natural earthed diamond, yellow gold. Second 0.24 oval, SI brilliance and natural earth...

Toilet ring seal [ 5 Answers ]

Could you help us settle an argument? One of our toliets is loose from the floor and I say the ring is broken (AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED). My husband says that it only moves like 5 mm but it definitely rocks when you sit on it. The floor is not level in the bathroom. The tile next to the tub (which...

View more questions Search