Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Sep 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
    When should I worry?
    My doxie threw up twice yesterday and sometime in the middle of the night went into the kitchen and left me a large amount of diarrhea to clean up this morning. He is acting fine so should I be concerned? What really is a good sign for taking him to the vet?
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 27, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Honestly that is a great sign he needs to get to the vet. How old is he?
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Sep 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
    He is a little over a year I think. He is playful and active still so I wasn't sure if it was just something working through his system.
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 27, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Ok that's good. I immediately think parvo when I hear of a dog vomiting or with diarrhea. But being that he's a year old or so, that's likely not the case. I wouldn't rule it completely out, it's just not likely. Has he gotten into anything that you know of? Tuscany's doxi got into some apple peels not to long ago and had some issues. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/t...ck-129079.html

A quick phone call to your vet at least and see what they have to say. Certainly keep an eye on him though. Dogs can dehydrate quickly when they vomit or have diarrhea.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 08:29 AM
    I must admit little experience with Doxies, but what I read here suggests they are as bad as Labs about foraging indigestables. Often their body works at expelling it at both ends. If that works, they are back to normal soon without medical treatments. I wouldn't go running to the vet right away. I would take care the problem doesn't become worse over the weekend. Diarrhea plus lethargy does mean immediate attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I worry? [ 2 Answers ]

I bled after intorcource... and I hd been off my period for a good week now... so what is the couse of my bleeding?

Getting worry [ 1 Answers ]

Garrison shops had a SUTA tax rate of 3.7%. The state's taxable limit was 8,000 of each employee's earnings. For the year, Garrison shops had FUTA taxable wages of 67,900 and SUTA taxable wage of 83,900. Compute: A, Net FUTA tax B, Net SUTA tax

Should I worry? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 18 years old with a 2 month old. The father to my baby who I was with for a year and a half, left me when I was 6 months pregnant and had no contact with him till about 3 weeks before my son was born. Now that my son is almost 2 months old he is wanting to take me to court so he can take him...

Not so sure if I should worry. [ 2 Answers ]

I just found out, I am 6 weeks pregnant during my u/s today there wasn't a heart beat. I am also cramping very mildly and on Sunday morning, I noticed a little spotting of brown blood. Should I prepared for worst.

Help! Should I worry? [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help... My LMP was May 1st, I have a 28 day cycle, I had some spotting on the 24th of May, which last only 1/2 a day, I was supposed to get my period on Sunday 29 May, but I still haven't gotten a period yet... For the last 2 weeks, I have been hacking up a lot, I mean constantly...

View more questions Search