Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debramcdowell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 07:20 AM
    LCD TV hookup to DirectTV
    How do you connect a LCD TV to Direct TV receiver? I have a Sharp 19" w/built in DVD player.

Confused with inputs and Antenna. Will not be using the HDTV capibility at this time. Manual not clear on any of this.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Just connect component(red,blue, green)cable from sat into one of the tv's inputs.
    Also you will need a red and white for audio.
    If you don't have component, you can use the composite video(yellow rca)
    You can hook up a coax from sat into TV also. Channel 3, for that, video 1,2,3? For the other.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Depends on what's available. There are several different types of connections. But they all use different connectors. So you need to determine what outputs the Direct TV box has and what inputs the TV has. Then use the match that will give the best picture.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 28, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Every DirectTV receiver I have seen has at least Composite Video (Yellow) and S-Video (4 pin round plug). If it's newer it will have Component video (Red, Green, Blue). Now look at the back of your television and see what it has. I know the Sharp LC19DV22U does have all three. Pick the cable you want to use and connect it from the "output" on the sat box to the "input" on the TV (usually video 1, 2, etc.). FYI, Component gives you you best picture quality, followed by S-video. And don't forget to run the Red and White RCA Audio cables... otherwise you will have a silent film!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old VCR to new LCD TV hookup [ 2 Answers ]

How do you hook a JVC VCR, Model No. HR-J43OU, to a Sony Bravia LCD, Model No. KDL-26S2010? The JVC has coax in and out and white audio and yellow video "OUT only" RCA fittings.

Is it possible to watch DirectTV Satellite on computer? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got service today at my home... I was curious.. I have a 24" Flat Screen monitor with my computer... Is this possible to watch satellite on? Do I need to get another receiver?

How hookup a DVD/VCR recorder, 2 satellite receivers one PVR to a Sony LCD HD TV [ 5 Answers ]

Please help!:confused: I have a Bell Express Vu system, which consists of a 3100 receiver connected from the satellite dish directly to the LCD TV via the cable, runs on channel 3. The second receiver is a 5900 with the built in PVR it is connected to the TV by a s-video cable as well as the RCA...

Having trouble ordering Pay Per View through DirectTV since ordering Yahoo dsl [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I started using yahoo's DSL service. In my home, on all my tv's, I use wireless phone jacks so I can order PayPerView. I used all the phone filters, even on the tranmitter base for the wireless phone jack. I am still unable to order PPV through direct TV unless I physically call them...

View more questions Search