Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flano77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2005, 03:45 PM
    Faxing over Broadband
    G'Day there,

Just wondering if anyone knows if I can setup faxing over my broadband. I am starting to think that I have to use a modem for faxing rather than just the broadband itself, but would love to know if this is the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Flano..
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2005, 04:55 PM
    Me too
    Good question. It is all the more interesting to me because no matter what I do, and fax will go braodband, because I got broadband to escape the clutches of a highly incompetent independent phone company. I think you can email faxes to Yahoo, and they will send them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flano77
    G'Day there,

Just wondering if anyone knows if I can setup faxing over my broadband. I am starting to think that I have to use a modem for faxing rather than just the broadband itself, but would love to know if this is the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Flano..
    Faxing is an analog process. It requires a Fax modem and a regular phone line. Broadband is digital and there is no dialing that can be done. So the answer is not faxing over broadband.

What you can do is use a service like efax.com. With such a service you upload the file to them and they send it as a fax.
    flano77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 03:38 AM
    Broadband Faxing
    Thanks Guys,
    I thought it could not be done, but I shall check out efax.com
    Maybe one day it will be possible somehow.
    Thanks again,
    Adam..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up faxing facilities [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Folks, Could really do with some help here. I have a PC with built in dial up modem, which is not used or connected as far as I'm aware. I have an external broadband router which supplies my 2gb broadband connection. I want to set my computer up to send and receive faxes. To my...

Broadband connection [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP professional, previously when I switched I was connected to my server automatically nowadays however I have to connected manually, I have not changed my server or any details of my sever connection. I would like to return to the automatic connection and any help I can get to...

Broadband ntl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can any one help,I have just switch over to ntl freedom broadband and it just keeps cutting off after a few seconds some time,s.The adsl light starts to flash,and I have to redial again. :confused:

Broadband technology [ 1 Answers ]

What is broadband?

Broadband [ 1 Answers ]

My PC is a clon assembled in the USA with the name Powerspec. I use windows 98SE. Up to last week my connection to Internet was through phone line. But I decided to try broadband. The provider hooked a cable modem to the existing cable TV line. However, an integrated ethernet adapter (Davicom...

View more questions Search