Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raerae2020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 05:36 AM
    1 week late, and nervous :S
    I'm a week late for having my period, I read about how stress and life changes can totally mess your cycle up.. but I'm not sure.. I was on the road with my b/f the last time I had my period. It was a normal period for me and everything. I'm careful most the time to use a condom, and not have sex 2 weeks afterwards because I was told that's when a majority of woman ovulate.(correct me if I'm wrong though! ) But now, I'm a week late. I am no longer going on the road, so therefore my diet has changed, and I'm getting more exercise. My brothers wedding was also going on the week after I got off the truck, and I was pretty stressed for them 2 weeks. And not knowing that I might be pregnant, I went out drinking about 2 times a week in the past month, and not to sound like an immature little college girl, but I did drink quite a bit, and was taking excedrin for the lovely headaches afterwards. So hopefully, I am not pregnant, and if I am I hope that the baby will be okay! Oh, I also took 2 of them digital at hpt and they both said Not Pregnant. I did them both a day apart, one on the 5th day of missed period, and one on the 7th day.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Home pregnancy tests can give a false negative so if you had unprotected sex during the last month then there is a chance you could be pregnant. I'm sure you have a health center on campus and they can perform a more thorough blood test or do a pelvic exam.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Natural Family Planning/Birth Control (which is what you are doing with not having sex 2 weeks after your period)... is only effective if you chart your cycle, BBT, cervical changes etc. And even then, it is not the most reliable form of birth control.

A woman can ovulate at anytime, while it is likely they won't ovulate until about day 11-15, it is still possible for your to ovulate anytime during your cycle. So not having sex the 2 weeks following your period is definitely not practicing safe sex.

The change in your daily routine is most likely the cause in the change in your cycle. Women build up HCG at different levels, so it may be too early to register positive on a HPT. HCG doubles every two days, so I would wait and test again in 2-4 days. If it is still negative, and you still haven't had your period, I would set an appt and get a blood test done just to ease your mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period 1 week late.could I be pregnant? [ 27 Answers ]

My periods are usually right on time, occasionally they are either one or two days earlier than expected or one day later than expected. So having my period a whole week late is very unusual for me. I had pretty typical cramps on the day that I was supposed to start my period and then nothing...

Confused More than a week late but negative hpt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im new to the board and came across it actually by looking up information on early pregnancy signs. My last period was August 1st... and I was due to begin my period August 29th. My period is always very precise, whether stressed or not, and lasts 28 days. My husband and I had unprotected...

1 week late, 4 negative pregnancy tests? [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was June 20, I did not take my birth control pill during the month of July, because my gynecologist appointment was not until a week after my last period. I should have started last week, around July 19 or 20, but I still haven't started. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all...

A week Late [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a week late on my period and I'm never late. I have been having regular periods for over a year and I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all showed up negative. I was talking to one of my cousins about it and she told me that she had taken a pregnancy test with her second child and it gave her a...

Nervous [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to tell if you come in a girl. Can you or her feel it. Just need to know to set my mind at rest so I don't freak. Thanks

View more questions Search