Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebaird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Trek Decking
    Would pressure washing my trek deck void my warranty at all?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
    I would never advise pressure washing a deck, If for somereason you just have to, use lower pressue, less than 2000 and always use a very wide spray, a 30 degree or a 45 degree. Most non professionals do a lot of damage every year to decks pressure washing them.

In general low pressure and the right chemicals will do you a much better job. ( and a little more phsycial cleaning over the pressure
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 27, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Yes it is fine to power wash your trek decking, they also recommend using a thomsons deck wash when you do, this will bring back the color also.
    If this was a wood deck its also OK to do, but you need to have the right tip on the washer before you start,

The tip you need can be just a general purpose tip, avoid anything that shoots a straight beam of water, you want more of a fan type pattern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Composite decking - Trek vs. Procell; Fair price for deck piles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there Any opinions on whether to use Trek or Procell for large composite deck at the beach? Any thoughts on a fair price for 20' deck pile vibrated 10' into sandy ground at Jersey Shore? Any input appreciated MCC

Composite Decking [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing wood deck. Would like to replace the floor boards, railing and stair system with a composite material. Live by the ocean so need a product that will withstand the elements. Heard of Trex, Veranda, Fiberglass--any advice on these or other products would be appreciated.

Any Star Trek fans on here? [ 17 Answers ]

Just curious to know if there are any Star Trek fans on here, or if you are close to anyone who's a major fan. I've never noticed much posted about Star Trek in the Television and Movies sections, so I was just wondering. I would say I personally enjoy watching the shows, all except Enterprise,...

View more questions Search