Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike291md Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Am I employed under these conditions?
    Hi, a few months ago I signed a contract with Im4radio.com in which I agreed to pay a monthly service as long as they give me their studios to host a radio show. Well, after one month, I was not happy with the station, and now want to terminate the service. However, the station manager is threatening to pursue legal action to avoid me from quitting paying him for his station. All the contract states is that I am paying a monthly fee to use the station, yet he acts as if I am employed under him. This makes no sense, I don't get paid anything to do this, in fact it's the other way around, I pay him for his station! Now, he is charging me 5 dollars per page to get copies of my contract. Can he charge me for this? If I don't pay isn't he withholding my contract from me? Also, am I literally employed under him, if so I am working for free? Never heard of that one. The way I see it is I was paying for a service, not paying someone for my own employment! Please help!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 08:48 PM
    So he is threatening legal action, I threaten legal action all the time, it is called bull to get my way.

So you tell him great, sue me, see you in court and by the way though discovery of evidence you will have to provide me all the info I want.
    But why don't you already have a copy of your contract, you signed it? You needed to have made a copy before you gave it back.
    But you need to know what notice is required, how long a contract you have that you agreed to pay the monthly fee.

Sep 27, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Now he is claiming that I am an independent contractor! Still he insists that I pay a fee to see my own contract, which he did not give us a copy of when we signed it. Yeah, I think, you're right, he is trying to scare us with court threats and is full of it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Yes, I do my share, it is sad how many people lie to everyone, I person I know is getting ready to buy their first house, and between the bull the real estate agent is telling them, and the mortgage companies, I can't stand it.

Sep 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
    It is definitely a shame. That is terrible to hear about the mortgage and real estate company. So sad that this exists in today's world. Just recently, I thought I would send you these emails as the company is now putting words in my mouth. By the way, I want to thank you so much for all your help, it is good to know that people like yourself still are around to help avoid cheaters and scam-artists. Here is an email I sent to them followed by their email which puts words in my mouth:

My E-mail to them (I capitalized the parts that are significant):
    We both need to put efforts into other things such as school and work. I will go forth and write a signed letter regarding our termination of your services. I WILL TRY to come by say Friday to get those papers, which to no surprise will come out of my pocket, again. IF I CAN MAKE IT BY FRIDAY, we will discuss this and I will drop off a signed letter.

Their E-mail to me that puts words in my mouth:
    You informed us that you will be coming in on Friday September 28th which is ANOTHER BROKEN PROMISE BY YOU. At this point your matter has been referred to the General Manager.

** At what point did I ever promise, I thought I had made it clear that I would TRY to make it there. This is laughable, I feel like I'm dealing with high school kids. I have emails just like this one all saved on my computer. Not to mention the email in which he calls us "independent contractors" and misspells independent, real professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Conditions & Diseases [ 8 Answers ]

I was born with a Spina Bifida; with a hole I my back. Not knowing what it was in 1932, the doctor just sewed my back up. I was blessed through the years with basically doing what I wanted to do with very little problems; just don't touch my back. I had scare on my mid-back and it was very...

Underwater Welding - working conditions [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering, what are the working conditions like in underwater welding?

Mutiple diseases and conditions [ 4 Answers ]

I have been diagnosed with multiple brain lesions (more than 7), more atrophic changes than a person my age should have, one mild stroke, particial complex seizure (temporal lobe). Small vessel disease, arthritis, fibromyalgia, very high cholesterol, and heart mummer, optic neuritis, acid reflux...

Probation conditions [ 5 Answers ]

I was just put on intervention in lieu of conviction for prescription fraud. In my conditions for probation (or intervention) there is nothing about consuming alcohol. While I am not a big drinker, my husband and I were out eating and he was going to order a glass of wine for me, but I was...

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

View more questions Search