Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
    What is relationship between art & science
    I have a assignment in a Drama class and the teacher wants me to explain the relationship between art and science. I can define science and art but am having a hard time understand the "relationship" between the two. Help!:o
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 06:57 AM
    I did my art A level dissertation on this!

Hmm where to start- it's such a big subject art and science have been flirting with each other for centuries. The relationship I think comes down to using each other for ideas and implementation of ideas from one to another.

There used to be an especially strong relationship between art and science in the renaissance period - look up Leonardo Da Vinci.
    Leonardo da Vinci Society

If you look at old medieval paintings you will see they follow mathematical principals
    BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Advanced geometry of Islamic art
    Mathematics and Art

Art and science today
    Art & Science Collaborations, Inc. (ASCI) - Art, Science & Technology - HOME
    NPR : Where Science Meets Art
    Art of Science Competition / 2005 Gallery - I especially recommend looking a this site!

If you have any more questions I am more than happy to go into more depth, I just don't know where to start, I'm a bit boggled actually, but I think these links should give you a jumping board to see how they interact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Definition or Arts & Science [ 8 Answers ]

I've read many definitions of Art in different dictionaries. But none was satisfying enough. Once I brainstormed & with the blessings of God, definitions of Arts & Science came into my mind. Can you (reader) give me some comments/feedback weather this definition of mine is right or not or...

Other art & leisure [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me the answers to these questions please 400 p for m in m 1 h on a d 1 fs 18 a of kt at d

Relationship & Sex [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for 1 year and 4 months, 4 of which I'm engaged... My relationship has had its ups and downs, but lately I'm growing frustrated... I typically am getting sex or love making about 3 times a month, and a lot of that has to do with my fiancé working 120hrs out of every two...

A terrible event that has changed our relationship && love [ 1 Answers ]

I am a teenage girl and my boyfriend is 17 and we have been going out for about 6 months and are both very much in love for the first time he is the first guy I have ever loved and I am the only girl he has ever loved this much. We recently about a month ago had a fall out because of problems he...

View more questions Search