Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindy88221 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
    I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby
    My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month and only have $600 left for me which does not even cover my basic necesities. She lives with her mother does not pay rent or child care works part time but makes as much as me and has another kid with some other guy who is not giving her a dime and is a dead beat dad... I gave her $200 plus bought him clothes and am always there for him... IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE SAID IN COURT ABOUT HER OTHER BABY FATHER NOT GIVING HER MONEY... SHE IS DEPENDING ON THE MONEY I GIVE HER TO TAKE CARE OF MY CHILD AND SOME OTHER MANS
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Sep 26, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Modern courts feed justice for the woman. Good luck, my friend, good luck...

XenoSapien
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2007, 05:41 PM
    So you're a guy, a father, and you chose the name "Cindy" for this site?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 06:31 PM
    The courts base child support on your child alone. She could have 15 other kids and it wouldn't raise or lower your child support.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Sep 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
    You're not taking care of some other man's child, you are taking care of yours.

$200 a month is not very much. It might be all that you thought you could get by paying without impacting your life too much but its not even $6.50 a day. How old is the child? The smaller they are the more money they need. If what you say is true and your ex and you are equal that's $13 a day that your child has to live on? The courts say that your child needs more, trust me they do. The courts say the child needs $26 a day to live, half you give half she gives. Let me tell you the CP always ends up spending way more than the NCP. It all adds up.

Here's a thought... Have you tried for joint physical custody? The support may go down because the child would be in your home for about half the year? Talk with a lawyer, maybe they can explain it better than I can.

Good luck.
    cindy88221 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
    NeedKArma... Yes I am a male and a father... no I did not choose the name cindy for this site... Im usingt my friends profile
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy88221
    NeedKArma.....Yes i am a male and a father....no i did not choose the name cindy for this site......... Im usingt my friends profile
    Why not create your own profile? It is free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

I feel I'm taking care of another guys baby [ 5 Answers ]

My baby mother and I agreed that I pay her 200 per month for child support because that was all I could afford because I was left all the bills when we split up. When she found out I got married to someone she got ticked off and filed a petition for child support... I am now paying $400 a month...

Threats of taking baby [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 10 months we recently had a baby boy, now he is threatening to take the baby when we get into arguments. He sais that they will give him custody because he has a job and can support the child.. Is this true? Can he get custodyif we split just because...

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

Foster baby in care with me 11 months, should he see me now? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, through an extended family emergency last year, I had 3 little boys in foster care with me. I had the older 2 just over a year & the younger was born during that time & I had him from the day he was born until 11 months. They went back at the end of November. I had told the parents that...

View more questions Search