Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marissa17 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Almost got him back.may have lost him again
    Hi guys, I’ve posted here a few times before and I’m here with a new problem. I'd be so happy if you could give me some guidance. My ex and I broke up almost a year ago when he found someone else while we were on a “break”. I'm 17.. we were together for almost two years of high school before that. He’s dated another girl too since the one after me but that didn’t work out either. During this time, I eventually got so fed up with him that we didn’t talk much, I’d avoid him/ignore him because it’d hurt too much to talk to him knowing I can’t have him.

So fast forward to my birthday at the beginning of August.. he contacted me for the first time since school got out to wish me a happy birthday and we ended up having a nice conversation. After that, he’d randomly contact me every two or three days just to talk. I guess I became a bit more open to him again because I knew he wasn’t attached to anyone and I had always pictured us being together senior year. Since school has started, we talk online almost every night and he randomly asked me to hang out almost two Fridays ago so we did and it went better than expected. We went out for dinner and rented a movie. It was awkward at first but once we started joking around like old times, we got closer and ended up kissing and holding hands. It was like the past year had never happened and the next night he invited me to a concert with his friends and we had a great time, he kissed me goodnight at the end of the night…call me crazy but that one weekend really made me think we were going to get back together and although we were acting like a couple for a few days…we weren’t and still aren’t technically back together.

This past Monday night I heard through his friend while my ex was present that a girl I know had asked my ex to the school homecoming dance and he said yes.(Usually people don’t even bring dates to our casual homecoming dance so it really surprised me.. and he never told me) I had really wanted to talk about what happened between us that last weekend, and that was just the final straw because I felt so confused. Online I asked him what happened between us that night and I guess I caught him so off guard for bringing it up that the first thing he responded with was “I don’t like her..” referring to the girl that asked him to the dance. And I said “I’m not accusing you of anything” so he says that he didn’t know but it kind of just felt right but he wouldn’t really give me a straight answer when I tried to see if we were on the same page. He said he doesn’t know where he’s going with anything right now and he’s so stressed out about college, having a job, etc. He then said we’d talk more about it the next night (yesterday night) and that never happened…he instant messaged me at almost midnight wanting to show me some stupid link.

I have a bad feeling about this girl that asked him to homecoming. I’m pretty sure when I bumped into him after school yesterday and he was coming from her locker, and they talk a lot back and forth on Facebook all the sudden. I fear he may have developed something for her and it’s killing me because all my old feelings for him came back when we hung out two weeks ago. When I saw these things on Facebook this morning I just starting crying my eyes out and I felt so stupid for opening up to him again. I went into school late so I wouldn't miss my test. This girl is like a loose friend because we worked at the same camp this past summer and we’re both on the tennis team…I’d hate to have to deal with that burden in my senior year of high school. The girl he dated after his break with me last year was my friend’s sister, which really bothered me seeing them around school. I just want so badly for this not to potentially ruin my senior year.. I had such high hopes for this year after how bad last year was and I fear that he could ruin it all over again.

Please…any advice on how to approach this situation would be greatly appreciated…I know I should probably lay off on talking to him for a while until I see where this all goes.. I don’t want to end up back in the dumps where I was for so long last school year.

Check out some similar questions!

I've lost their trust and I'd like it back. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently lost my parents' trust, and I seriously want it back. I became a bit obsessed with looking at 'Babes' pictures on my mobile, and even though I'd stopped a while ago, my parents found out yesterday from the phone company. BOTH DID. I am so embarrassed, and I know they'll never look...

Lost cdrom driver.how to get it back ? [ 3 Answers ]

Lost cdrom driver.how to get it back ? My computer is hp pavilion 4404 running on win 98 The cdrom drive is not detected .

Lost my first love but I want him back [ 4 Answers ]

By boyfriend just broke up with me last night, but I knew it was coming for a few days after I gave him some time to think about what he wanted to do. He says sometimes he wasn't happy in the relationship and it turned more into friends and that 'special spark' was gone, yet he still cares for me a...

Have I lost her? Can I get her back? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get her back? I broke off with my girlfriend of 7 yrs because we seemed to be stuck in a rut. We had both had long term marraiges. and both got divorced around the same time. When our relationship blossomed. We had a great 7 years of course there were ups and downs during it. Mainly...

I'm so lost, I want him back [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, me and my boyfriend were perfect. Neither of us were the jealous type, we could go out to the bars and have fun and laugh. Not only were we lovers we were best friends. We had fun doing just about anything and nothing. Everyone envied our relationship. Then about 2 months ago, I started...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.