Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooch150 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Can't get downloads to work IMAC 10.4
    :confused:what do do to retrieve downloads on my mac I just spent two grand on it and already want to hit it with a big hammer
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 28, 2007, 04:17 PM
    I'm assuming you're downloading from a browser, and can't find the files you're downloading. If you're using Safari, go to the Safari menu and select Preferences. A window will open. Click on General at the top. About halfway down, you'll see the line "Save downloaded files to:". That's where downloads will be saved on your Mac. You can change it here, or go to the location indicated and your downloads should be there.

If you're using Firefox, go to the Firefox menu and select Preferences. Click on Main at the top. About halfway down you'll see a radio button "Save files to". That indicates the location where downloads will be saved on your Mac. You can change it here, or go to the location indicated and your downloads should be there.

If on the other hand you mean, where do I find Mac files to download, a good (and safe) place to start is MacUpdate: Apple Macintosh Software & Game Downloads. Another good resource is Mac OS X Software Updates and Mac OS X Downloads - VersionTracker.

Vasily

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Imac for 3d games [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a new iMac Core 2 Duo,2,16 GHz, 20" LCD,2GB SDRAM of memory,250 GB serial ATA drive and a superdrive and a video card ATI Radeon x 1600 128 mb VRAM Do you believe that it is a sufficiently powerful machine to play the newest 3D games? Would it be helpful if I purchased...

IMac G5 Sleep problems [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if any iMac G5 owners have had this problem, if it's a hardware/software thing -- when I try to put it to sleep, it won't. When it automatically goes into energy save mode (after sleep when the screen goes black), I can't get the computer back on by clicking the mouse; I have to...

View more questions Search