Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JHEROLD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Eviction Kentucky
    How do I evict a tenant in Kentucky for nonpayment of rent? The house is in Kenton County.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Why did you become a landlord without knowing this information?

Go to the county courthouse and ask for the procedure. Generally, you have to serve a written notice to pay or vacate. Usually this notice will give them 3-7 days. If they haven't paid or vacated by the specific time, you have to go to court and get a summons for them to appear at a hearing. At the hearing the judge will give them the opportunity to pay or vacate. If they don't pay or vacate by the time set, then you get a sheriff to remove them and their belongings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction process in Kentucky [ 1 Answers ]

In Kentucky, how much time does a landlord have to give a tenant to move if they are being evicted.

Settling Estate In Kentucky [ 2 Answers ]

How do you settle an estate in Kentucky if the person leaves only their personal belongings? He leaves 2 minor children, an ex-wife, brother, mother and father. Is it necessary to appoint an executor and go through the legal system, especially if all surviving parties are amicable?

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Eviction procedure in Kentucky [ 5 Answers ]

I work in a family resource center and have a parent that has not paid their rent for the month of August. Ky law allows for a "seven day notice" to be given when rent is unpaid. The parent has received this notice by which she has been informed of the landlord's intention to terminate the lease...

View more questions Search