Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    royingeorgia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2005, 11:20 PM
    Another hampton bay fan problem
    I bought four hampton bay delano fans because they looked cool and were on sale. Shortly after putting the fans up and putting light kits on them, the lights started to flicker. I have the mini flourecent lights throughout the house to save money. Can these bulbs cause problems with the controls of the fans? The one in my family room was the worst one. I took the bulbs out and checked the voltage in the socket and I was getting around 20-30 volts. Help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2005, 07:50 AM
    Fluorescent lights can cause electronic interference problems, but that doesn't sound like the problem. You could quickly eliminate the possibility by trying incandescent bulbs. If none other in the house, steal the one out of the refrigerator for the test. I am sure you will have the same problem.

The 20-30 volts doesn't sound right. I don't think fluorescents would even light at that voltage. Flickering lights is often bad connections. Do the fans operate normally? I would recheck the wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay 5 blade fan. It is controlled by a remote. Yesterday I put on the lighgts---fine. Then I put on the fan----nothing. I can hear an engine noise but it does not move. I called and emailed the company----silence. What to do?

Hampton bay ceiling fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

Recently installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, the Waterton II, with an included light kit. The complete unit is powered by an electronic dimmer. The problem I have is I need to keep the lights on in order to operate the fan. If I turn the lights off the fan will not operate, nor will operate if I...

Hampton bay fan / light problem [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into an apartment, and there is this hampton bay fan in the bedroom that was installed by a previous tenant. For the life of me I can't find a way to turn on the lights! When I flick the switch at the wall the fan goes, but not the lights - all the bulbs are fine. I wondered if this...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan problem [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 5 year old Hampton Bay Ceiling fan/light which can only be turned on with a remote and ,very suddenly, we can no longer turn the fan or light on! We checked the remote and it's batteries and they are OK. Can anyone help us figure out how to determine the problem and fix it? S Miller

View more questions Search