Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby broody Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2007, 05:57 AM
    50/50 - am I or aren't I
    Hey everyone, this case scenario has probably been asked a million times, so here goes with another one,

My LMP was on 29th August, we had sex on and around days of ovulation, for the past week I have had very sore nipples, my breast look and feel very full, cramping and twinging around lower abdomin area, thick white discharge which I've never had before, I have a 28 day cycly according to which my period should start 27/28 September. I just couldn't resist and did a HPT this morning :p , I got a very dark line and a faint line. Could it all be possible that I am pregnant? :confused: or mayb because I tested before my missed period I didn't get the full result.:confused:
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Sep 26, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Usually a faint line is a positve but if iwas you I would wait until after your period and take a test again and see what happens
    laura2007x Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Hi was this a early response test as I am due on the same time as you and I am wondering if I am pregnant also x

Sep 26, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laura2007x
    Hi was this a early response test as i am due on the same time as you and iam wondering if i am pregnant also x
    No, it was just a low cost 2 pack test out of Asda, I've just charted my LPM of 29 August and I'm actually 1 day late, should have had my period 25 sep which was yesterday, so :D fingers crossed I'm going take the other test on the weekend
    laura2007x Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by baby broody
    no, it was just a low cost 2 pack test out of Asda, iv just charted my LPM of 29 august and im actually 1 day late, shud hav had my period 25 sep which was yesterday, so :D fingers crossed im goin take the other test on the weekend
    They were the ones I used when I found out I was pregnant with my son, Mine was only light line at first but as the days go by the line on the second test gets darker x

Sep 27, 2007, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laura2007x
    They were the ones i used when i found out i was pregnant with my son, Mine was only light line at first but as the days go by the line on the second test gets darker x
    Wel I'm officially 2 days late now, and I'm never late, the first test obviously showed 1 dark and 1 faint line which is classed as a positive, but I'm going to re-test on the weekend. Are you l8 on your period? R your periods regular and how long you been trying for a baby?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2007, 02:13 PM
    A line is a line, no matter how dark or light it is :)

Your HCG doubles every 2 days... so really you only need to wait 2 days from your "faint line" incident to test again to make sure.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
    no, it was just a low cost 2 pack test out of Asda, iv just charted my LPM of 29 august and im actually 1 day late, shud hav had my period 25 sep which was yesterday, so :D fingers crossed im goin take the other test on the weekend
    I tested when I was only one day late and got a faint line. But a line is a line. It looks like you are positive. I took more test just to be sure and got a faint line every time. Get some prenatal vitamins. I think congrats are in order.

Sep 28, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Hey girls thanks for the votes of confidence, I just didn't want to get my hopes up, and I've never actually seen what a positive looks like on a HPT so mayb that's why I wanted a second opinion. iim now 4 days late, even more sore breasts, they feel and look so full and although I've not been sick I feel sick to the stomach I'm also twinging and feeling stich like pains in the whole of the abdomin area, I'm going to re take anotha test on the weekend, and il be praying to Allah al mighty that I get pos result. :)
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Well I hope things go the way you want them just let us know what happens
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Its always hard to believe a positive test, when you have been anxiously trying to get pregnant, especially if you test a lot and get use to seeing all those negative test results along the way.However, a faint positive, is almost always a positive. Getting a false positive result is VERY rare, and usually if it turns out to be false after a positive result, its from a very early miscarriage, rather then a false result. False negatives are much more common. If you have any doubts about the test results, you can always get a digital read out test. However, keep in mind that each brand of test registers the pregnancy hormone at different levels, and some are more sensitive then others, so its very possible to get a negative on one brand, and a positive on another brand. Another option is to get a qualatative blood test done at your local hospital. They don't cost much more then a hpt, and are more accurate. SO, in short, it sounds as though you have gotten your pregnancy wish. Good luck to you!

Sep 28, 2007, 07:51 AM
    [QUOTE=buggage]. Another option is to get a qualatative blood test done at your local hospital. They don't cost much more then a hpt, and are more accurate. QUOTE]

Where I live in the uk trips to the doctor are free anyway so I needn't worry about costs, I'm going to giv myself until Sunday, if the period is still a no show then il take a HPT and if I get the same result, which I wish I do, il make an appoinment @ my doctors on Monday
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Best of wishes, and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Oct 1, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Hi everyone hope you al had a good weekend, anyway still no show of period, I took another HPT on Saturday couldn't wait until Sunday like a said, and I got a POSITIVE, with the first test on missed perid day 1 it was dark line and a faint line but the test I did on Saturday missed period day 5 showed a dark line and a even more darker line. I've to go into the doctors 2mrw to hand in a urine sample and it will be 100% confirmed by Wednesday, we haven't said anything to anyone yet until I'm proper sure. :)
    ajpeirce21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 1, 2007, 05:56 AM
    hey everyone, this case scenario has probably been asked a million times, so here goes with another one,

My LMP was on 29th August, we had sex on and around days of ovulation, for the past week i have had very sore nipples, my breast look and feel very full, cramping and twinging around lower abdomin area, thick white discharge which iv never had before, i hav a 28 day cycly according to which my period shud start 27/28 September. i just couldnt resist and did a HPT this morning :p , i got a very dark line and a faint line. could it all be possible that i am pregnant? :confused: or mayb because i tested before my missed period i didnt get the full result.:confused:
    I am in the somewhat same boat. My period was the same. I also took a test came out the same way. Also I feel nauseas from time to time. The smell of certain things makes me gag. I am getting light cramping and I feel dizzy from time to time when I stand to fast or after being standing for so long. I am just confused.This is all new to me.

Oct 1, 2007, 06:02 AM
    U should be around 6 days late today if your dates are the same as mine. I took 2 tests and both gave me similar results, I'm going to get confirmed result from the doctors, and then I can shout out loudly ' IM PREGNANT' lol. You should go to your doctors and get this confirmed because if you are pregnant you need to start looking after yourself, good luck and congrats
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Congrats to you!

Oct 2, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Took a trip to the doctors this mornin, handed in my 'sample', should hopefully get my result on Friday, don't know why they can't test it there and then, so much suspense making me wait until Friday. I mean I have already had 2 positive on a HPT but just want sum1 confirm it for me. I should b 5w 6d to date if I am pregnant.

Has anyone experienced having a whiteish kind of coating around their nipples so early on in pregnancy, my nipples are also really sore and erect all the time, which is quite embarrassing because they just stick out all the time through my tops,
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Hmm, I don't know why you have to wait until Friday either. Usually they just have you pee in a cup, and they do a regular hpt test in the office, just so that they can see the proof for themselves. Hmmm. Oh well. Perhaps they are very busy, or have certain tests they want to do. Perhaps they only do pregnancy test on certain days. Who knows.
    You say you have a whitish coating around your nipples? That doesn't sound normal to me. Something you may want to bring up to your doctor. Its normal for them to be sore/sensitive at this point. Your body is undergoing a lot of changes right now, physically and hormonally, so expect a lot of those changes.

Oct 2, 2007, 07:05 AM
    That's how the doctors work here in the uk, with my first I had to wait a week for the results I asked the nurse today could she not tel me straight away and she like, 'no I'm sorry we have to sent the sample away to our labs for testing' so il just have to play the waiting game until Friday.
    I onl noticed this whiteish substance yeasterday before getting in the shower, if it carries on il speak to my doctor about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search