Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scorpion70 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Laptop Keyboard is typing Gibberish
    Hi...

Could really do with some help here.

I have a laptop that works fine except for the fact that when I type certain characters it produces something totally different. Such as

Push space bar I get the character C typed on the screen

Type D I get CV displayed.
    Type N I get MN displayed
    Type B I get BV diplayed.

I have changed the settings to UK key board but for the life of me I have no idea why this is doing this.

Can anybody help please... Im going nuts here...

Thanks
    annieonline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 01:39 PM
    1. A quick tap and let go of Alt-Shift mayclear it up.

2. hold down the CTRL key with your thumb and tap the SHIFT key at the same time.

3. Laptops have the facility to use certain keys as a "Numeric Keypad", similar to the separate keypad on a PC's keyboard. This is done by enabling the "Num Lock" which, in a laptop, will be a combination of the Function (Fn) key and one of the "F" keys.

The keys that are producing numbers instead of letters should actually have the numbers marked on them, probably in the same colour as the "Fn" key.

Just find the key combination to toggle "Num Lock" on/off and you'll be back to normal

4. You can also try : FN+NumLk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard typing wrong characters [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm an IT professional and embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question. I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and although the regional settings and input locale are set to English (UK), the keybord seems to by typing everything in English (US) I've tried everything I...

My keyboard is typing the wrong thing [ 4 Answers ]

On my laptop when I type an s it \show\s up like thi\s \s. When I type the q it come\s up a\s zq and zq come\s up zq The / \show\s up like /[ The up arrow goe\s up but al\so type\s a j and when I type a j it \show\s up on the line above The down arrow goe\s down, but it al\so leave\s a comma...

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Keyboard typing odd things [ 4 Answers ]

When I type the following keys, they type two letters at once, please help. It takes so long to type! U - iu I - ui K - kj J - jk M - ,m , - m, 8 - 87 7 - 78

Word 2000, Outlook 2003: My keyboard unexpectedly begins typing gibberish. [ 1 Answers ]

For example, when I type "several years," what appears on the screen is "o.k.pan f.apo". I don't understand why or when this occurs, except that it may occur inconsistently after I've been writing something for longer than a few minutes. Usually, I have to save my work and reboot to...

View more questions Search