Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 21, 2006, 11:24 AM
    31 i do not need religion to understand evil or God or the antiGod. And I think all opinions are welcome or are you telling me only "true believers" whatever this dictates are allowed to post their opinion? Because I hold no religion does this imply I am a non believer? You confuse me.
    Starman it is my knowledge and research that has taught me religion is crap. I can quote many reasons and give many references but you really dont want to understand my mind.
    Let us just agree to disagree.

Hypatia
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia
    31 i do not need religion to understand evil or God or the antiGod. And I think all opinions are welcome or are you telling me only "true believers" whatever this dictates are allowed to post their opinion? Because I hold no religion does this imply I am a non believer? You confuse me.
    Starman it is my knowledge and research that has taught me religion is crap. I can quote many reasons and give many references but you really dont want to understand my mind.
    Let us just agree to disagree.

Hypatia
    I appreciate your opinion since it gives us the opportunity to discuss issues.
    I agree that you don't necessarily need religion to know when you are doing something wrong. I do want to understand your mind. It is my knowledge and research as well that backs up my views. Holding no religion does mean that you do not believe in certain ways which may be called by a religious name. I agree to disagree.

BTW
    What do you put in the tacos? I put ground beef with tomato sauce, lettuce tomatoes and olives on mine. : )

In Chicago they put lettuce and tomatoes on the hot dogs. At least they did many years ago when I lived there.

Apr 21, 2006, 12:07 PM
    "
    BTW
    What do you put in the tacos? I put ground beef with tomato sauce, lettuce tomatoes and olives. : )"

Today was rabbit, spinach, tomato and sauce. We try to only eat what we kill and grow.
    I am off for the time being. Housework awaits.

It is great to be able to discuss these issues with you all. The expansion of the mind is a truly special moment shared.

Hypatia

The "Real" Me:

31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Apr 21, 2006, 02:39 PM
    Hypatia:

Religion is but a word or two for a particular Faith. I do not profess to be "religious". I believe in Spirituality. Even my pastor has referred to" being spiritual".
    And NO, by any means does Christ" shut his doors " Salvation is available to all who want to confess Him and want to make Him Lord of their life.
    Then the Holy Spirit comes to reside in You, replacing the "self spirit". - I won't say the demon spirit, but THAT does happen to some!

So, there are three possibilities for one's spirit. Born-again, self
    & demon.

Now, I do have to disagree with your" quoting" of psychics.
    That, I have learned, (along with astrology, to name one) is from a spirit of witchcraft. It can be removed though, or just confessing & not continuing with that. God forbids that we "worship" any one or any thing but Him. It's not as light as you might think.

See my screen name? Oh yeah it's just something that helps me remember, so I picked it. That's true but it is also the birthday of my firstborn daughter. Halloween. Oct.31.
    Thank goodness the pastor's daughter was born on the same day, cause it made me feel much better in a way- like I know I'm safe!
    I agree with "cute" costumes and such - because I don't think you can stop the spirit from expressing itself. But some Christians don't even like the least bit of Halloween. I still cut a pumpkin & give candy. It's just an American thing anyway.

So much for me. Now, if you like to wear armor... Picture this-
    The Spiritual Protection exemplified in the New Testament in Ephesians 6:12-18-
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shied of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvatio and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints(other believers) NIV(new international version)

So there it is. Got to love it!? :cool:
    Ahmadiyya Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

Apr 24, 2006, 05:00 PM
    The issue of Prophets is one that compels many people even the people who claim to know there religion. If you look at facts Jews don't accept Prophets, and neither do Christians. Jews killed The Prophet Isa(Jesus), why? The reason is he was preaching that Allah(god) is one and there is no other god the people were beginning to listen and would follow him and would love him. Now if you read The Bible you will see that what I am saying is true they kept asking him "are you claiming to be the king of the jews?" and he said "NO" so they killed him cause he got to powerful the people loved him. Now Christians don't know what a Prophet is cause they praise one as there god! They praise the Prophet Isa as "the son" of god that is false in the bible the Prophet Isa says look I am a mediator I came to bring the word! I won't take up know more space but that is my thought, the long and short is that The Holy Prophet Mohamad was the seal of all Prophets and that each religion is just a up grade of the last.
    -

Apr 24, 2006, 05:38 PM
    Ahmadiyya,

With all due respect, I simply have to disagree with you about prophets. I am not talking about someone who prophesies without discretion (especially in these days) I refer to one who prophesies about something or some scripture to a congregation. It can be past, present or future.
    If you read the Christian Bible, there are scriptures to explain how a believer can be given the GIFT of prophecy, among other gifts.

I hope you understand that I don't care what religion you are as long as you are not an extremist.- and add a spin onto your Bible.

Please don't be offended but I have heard that Mohammed was a false prophet- a pediphile and pervert who wrote his own bible.

The God I believe in is just that- GOD. And Isaiah was an endeared prophet for me, as was Jesus.

Christians have many missionaries winning souls for the Lord worldwide today even at this very hour. Some convert from nothing but Voodooism, some from Hindu, and some from Judaism as a FULFILLMENT of their faith. Other faiths too. My dentist looks oriental but she said at one time that she is a Christian.

Thank you for reading my post!
    Ahmadiyya Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

Apr 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
    There is no something wrong with you inclonations, If The Holy Prophet Mohammad was a pervert and wrote his own bible and Allah was not on his side then how is it that he beat the christians and jews and took jerualim. I am not offended this is the kind of thing I like to defend my religion, but back on subject. Allah does not mean god like other people say, god is a plural it can be turned into "demi god" or "gods" or "godess" this is one reason why Muslims don't call Allah god Allah can not been made into these words cause it is not a plural, there is no english word for Allah. "demi Allah" or "Allahs" or "Allahess" makes no sense that is why we don't say god it is a plural and we believe that there is one god and he has no partners or equals. Now if you look at history all prophets were attacked they hit The Prophet Isa(jesus) with rocks they called him a perve for washing the hore's foot, there is not a prophet in history who the people just accepted, with being said you are going to hear people say things about all prophets that does not mean they are true and can't be true if these mean are prophets from Allah. There is know need for another prophet in these times cause people are all flowing to one religion and sadly to tell you its Islam! All over the world there are empty churches people are seeing the lies in the dogmas and are looking for truth, I say this again there is only one Holy Quran but 13 different Bibles. Why is that? Cause the bible is false, I am not saying that my religion is better then another mans but I am saying that things are never what they seem in the eyes of the blind, If the dogma has lies or even a little false hood it can not prevale over the truth that is like saying that Allah loves killers. If Allah loves killers then why the hell do we do the right thing?
    -

Apr 24, 2006, 07:42 PM
    Ahmadiyya:

Everyone in this country has a right to freedom of religion.
    It still doesn't change the fact that Mohammed was a pedophile, a pervert and a murderer. If you think everyone is going to flock to be a Muslim- All I can say is... Good Luck with That!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2006, 08:46 PM
    I have to agree with a previous poster who said you can never be alone if you have God. I don't know about Jesus ,or Mo hammed, or any of the other prophets And I really leave the bibles and Korans and Torah's alone too because all the religions profess a straight line to God, if that were true they wouldn't be fighting because they would be doing God's will instead of their own.:cool:
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 25, 2006, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmadiyya
    ....The Prophet Isa(jesus) with rocks they called him a perve for washing the hore's foot,....
    We know you mean well and are sincere in your beliefs, try to be accurate in your biblical quotations. Jesus didn't wash the woman's foot. It was the woman who washed and anointed Jesus' feet with her tears and ointment. Jesus was criticized for allowing it because in their eyes she was morally tainted and they were lacking in compassion and forgiveness. I know that the point you are trying to make isn't changed by this detail. However, citing the Bible erroneously does cast doubt on your knowledge and your right to comment on it in a critical way. No offense intended-just friendly advice since accuracy is essential to believability.

Luke 7:37-39 (King James Version)

37And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,

38And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

39Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 10:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    I have heard that Mohammed was a .... pediphile and pervert
    How sad.

No, he was not.

Whoever told you this is a pathetic moron.

... sorry to be so blunt. :o

Apr 25, 2006, 01:47 PM
    " Now, I do have to disagree with your" quoting" of psychics.
    That, I have learned, (along with astrology, to name one) is from a spirit of witchcraft. It can be removed though, or just confessing & not continuing with that. God forbids that we "worship" any one or any thing but Him. It's not as light as you might think."

This alone tells me the little door to your mind has been closed and locked for a very long time. I do not mean to offend you but I am sure this is slightly offensive. What can I say? The brain washing works!

Hypatia
    -

Apr 25, 2006, 03:02 PM
    ( On secular T.V.) Oh Rickj - Minister Bill Keller ( also a theologian ) who has a nightly 1 hour program in Florida spoke about it a couple of times. This minister I trust. He will be going nationwide in July @ midnight. You can e-mail him @ his website: www.liveprayer.com. I've also heard it on a Christian forum. The same stuff.

Hypatia- I acquired that knowledge from - Cleansing Stream Ministeries when we attended a cleansing stream seminar for 3 months every Friday in 1999.

The rest I didn't hear. I don't respond to NEGATIVE CRITICISM.
    STONY Posts: 82, Reputation: 11

Apr 26, 2006, 06:47 AM
    Sshultz,
    I Think An Understanding Of Some Vocabulary Is In Order First. Apostles And Desciples Are Two Differing Things. Desciples Are Followers Of Jesus Christ, Those Who Believe In Him. Apostles
    On The Other Hand Were The Guys Who Went Out And Built New Churches Based On The Teachings Of Jesus. Prophets Were The "mouthpiece" For God In Old Testament Times. The Quick Answer To Your Question Is, "prophets Are With Us Today." I Know For A Fact My Pastor Has Received Advanced Notice From God Before An Event Took Place. I Don't Consider Him A Prophet, Just A God Fearing Man Who Knows The Voice Of God. Hope This Little Testimony Helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search