Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lfm61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Civil Law
    After you file a lawsuit in the court room, before your statue of limitations runs out, what's the average time it takes for the court to review the case and set a court date?
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Sep 27, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Wow. WAY to little information.

In general, a Plaintiff is the one that drives a lawsuit, not the court. The court does not even get involved until late in the litigation. Typically,

1. You commence an action by filing a Summons & Complint;

2. Serve the defendant(s) who have around 60 days (depending on state) to answer;

3. With the Answer, the defendant's will serve discovery demands (requests for information) and deposition notices;

4. You will comply with their demands and serve demands of your own;

5. THEN you file a "Request for Judicial Intervention" (may be called differnet things in different states) which is that action that first involved the Court.

6. The Court sets various conference dates to montior status, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Law coming in about common law spouse [ 4 Answers ]

I understand a new law will be coming soon, to protect the common law spouse. Given similar rights as if you were married. Can somebody help!! I would like to know the date when the law will be in place and what this will entail?

Civil war [ 3 Answers ]

What kinds of jobs did they have in the civiil war?:)

Civil law [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to fire your landlord?:o

Civil Law Suite [ 1 Answers ]

In the State of Texas, how long does a defendant have to file a Vacate of Judgment on a lawsuite after the judgement has been issued by the court? Thank you for your help

Civil Claim [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the statute of limitations for a civil suite against a convicted sex offender (family)

View more questions Search