Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iwundadou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 11:21 AM
    1 successful pregnancy and 2 miscarriages.
    I'm 30 years old and married to a wonderful man. We currently have a 6 year old son. We have been trying to conceive a sibling for our son recently and having failed attempts. I miscarried in March 07 at 2-4 weeks. I know that 's not long enough to count your blessing but for me any embryo God gives me is a blessing. After trying a second time I miscarried at 6-8 weeks in August 07. My doctor says he won't test me until I have a 3rd miscarriage. I really don't like that idea, it's hard enough dealing with the loss, but to wonder if the 3rd one will survive or not is really scary. My doctor says if I was 30 and had many failed attempts he would test me, but since I've had one successful pregnancy I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

A little more detail about my case: I'm on my 2nd doctor, the 1st doctor said and did none of the things the 2nd doctor has done so far. With the 1st miscarriage she (1st doctor) told me it happens and I'm young enough to continue trying. Sometimes nature takes control and will get rid of the bad apples. I should count my blessings, there might have been something wrong with that baby had I carried to term. I had asked for an ultrasound weeks prior to having one because the due date and time seemed wrong. She told me she didn't normally do ultrasounds and heartbeat checks so early. I expressed my concern for the time and age of the embryo. So by the time I had my ultra sound it showed nothing. I finally figured I'd miscarried because the ultrasound doc, told me it appeared that you were pregnant but there is nothing here, all my organs looked normal. :mad:

The 2nd doctor: Was very informative and very nice about things. After getting blood work back to confirm pregnancy he determined I was 6 weeks along, but there was no heartbeat, which is normally heard at 5 weeks, he advised me to not be alarmed he's had plenty other cases where he didn't hear a heartbeat till 7 weeks. He did say that my SAC was lower in my uterus than he wanted it to be. Again he said don't worry he's seen many other women in my same case carry to term, and he's seen some not carry at all. So all in all I had a 50/50 chance of carrying till term or miscarry. He wanted me to come back a week later to see if the SAC had moved up, another ultrasound... now I tell my husband at this point I like this doctor he's done 2 ultrasounds once per visit and the 1st doctor hadn't but the 1 after the fact. To sum up things my last visit when he had to break the news to us that I was in fact currently going through a miscarriage (oh by the way I had been bleeding since about a week after finding out, was 2 months late for my regular cycle and felt it was safe to take a home test before I even called the doctor), he told me I had 3 options to allow what was left to pass. After taking a look at things he was able to do a office procedure that eliminated my DNC procedure. He gave me the most instruction I had heard in 5 months, gave me some medicine to contract my uterus to regular form/size (1st dr hadn't done that) and told me no intercourse until I received a negative blood sample. After the negative blood sample allow 1 full cycle before my husband and I try again (again none of that the 1st doctor told me/us). So here we are going for a 3rd shot at conceiving and my question to you is:

Can any one tell me or uplift my sprits on this matter. How likely is it that I will carry to full term after the previous 2 miscarriages? If anyone has been in my shoes please tell me how you dealt with it.
    hammy1975 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 08:20 AM
    You are not alone. I too am on my second miscarriage. I easily conceived my daughter and had a textbook pregnancy and am now having my second miscarriage this year. Heartbreaking isn't it? Please let me know what happens and I will do likewise. My thoughts are with you.
    phil_stl Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Dec 20, 2007, 11:53 AM
    My mom's miscarriages

+My mom had me (at 36),

- Then she had a miscarriage (at around 37) (transport truck crashed into my mom's little car and put her in a coma so that she would never come out of it and if she did she was to be a vegetable for the rest of her life as the doctors told my father on the third day she was in a come; oh and the baby was killed already.) So my dad prayed for her the third day and she came out of coma and was 100% fine the next day.

- She had another miscarriage (at around 39)

+Gave birth to my brother (at 40)

-Then she had one more miscarriage (at age 48).

I don't know the likelihood of you having another miscarriage. But I know the power of prayer. My dad has woken two people out of comas with prayer and I've seem many other amazing miracles happen because of prayer, so I will keep you in my prayers.
    tigger_07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Hello just passing and thought id share

I have had one son who's now two and then two miscarriagess but I still have faith as my gran also had two miscarriages, but also had eight healthy children!

Don't lose hope!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had a baby boy then two miscarriages [ 2 Answers ]

My misscarages I was about 12 weeks the heart just stopped both times. I am 38. Is it still likely I will carry one more baby to full term. I heard after having a boy it is more easy to misscarry is that true? My other children were girls, before the boy. We wanted to try for one more boy before I...

Likeleyhood of miscarriages? [ 7 Answers ]

WHat is the likelihood of them occurring? And why do they occur?

Miscarriages and getting pregnant again [ 3 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage about 5 years ago. I never went to the dr. for that one. Then I had another one about 2 1/2 years ago. I went to the dr. for that one. They made sure everything was okay etc. I was talking to a friend yesterday who had a miscarriage several years ago. They found out that it...

What would be more successful? [ 2 Answers ]

If you were to open up a clothing store would you base your products on what you like or what a certain group of people like?

Marrige will be successful [ 7 Answers ]

By what age I will get married and how would be my post marriage life?

View more questions Search