Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Sep 25, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Deny visits.
    Only question I have is. Custody has been filled and starting the process, Am I allowd to deny my little guys mom visitation due to her being a flight risk. She might take him and disapeer. She usually has him but I'm thinking of when I get him this weekend to keep him until the court day. With no visitations to her as she is a High flight risk

Sep 25, 2007, 07:40 AM
    My thing is. A week after her and I split she went to Florida with this guy. FIne no problem she only new him for oneweek. Shethen brought my son there for a week with this guy.. And she said she wants to move there. So I want to keep my son in my custody until the court is played out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 25, 2007, 07:41 AM
    If she has custody currently, then what you would be doing is kidnapping. If she is a flight risk, then you need to go to court and get a temporary custody order or restraining order.

If you want to the courts to look favorably on your custody petititon, you can't do anything that is against the law or court rulings..

Sep 25, 2007, 07:43 AM
    There is no set custody.. he stays at her house but I see him reguraly. So I can't keep him and deny her visitation until court. But she can deny me. There is no court order saying who has custody.

Sep 25, 2007, 07:56 AM
    In the absence of a formal custody agreement, especially where the couple were not married (as I suspect you weren't), then the mother is usually deemed to have defacto custody. Until a court order is in place, you have no right to keep him from her.

Sep 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
    But if she is taking my son to a dif country were from canada, and since she is taking him to a dif country with a guy she has only known for a couple of weeks. This is putting my son in danger.

Sep 25, 2007, 08:31 AM
    I repeat. YOU cannot break the law if you want to win the custody battle. You do not have legal custody therefore you have no right to keep him from his mother. Nothing you can say will change that. If you are afraid of her removing the child from the jurisdiction of the court you have to present that to the court and have them issue a order either preventing her from leaving the jurisdiction or allowing only supervised visitation or investing you (or a third party) with temporary custody.

But you can't do it on just your own feelings. You haven't said if you are on the birth certificate or if paternity has been established or what you relationship to the mother is. But none of that changes the bottomline.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I would file for emergency temporary custody to have until the court hearing.

As Scott said, if you take the child and refuse to return him to his mother, she can call the police and you could be arrested for kidnapping.
    Not only that, it will not look good in court that you went about all of this on your own instead of going the legal route.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation visits [ 3 Answers ]

Has any body hear about probation asking some body for a urine sample in a home visit, I am in New York state

Why does my brother deny me and not his other family by his dad? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I want to be closer to my brother and I don't think that he claims me as his sister because he lives about 40 minutes away but doesn't call me or come and see me or my mom. My brother is 28 and I am 22... I hope that you can follow my story because I appreciate any advice and everything is...

Deny access to teenager [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have very minimal computer knowledge. Now my computer (dell with XP) after pushing the power button on the tower is "on" and after Welcome, I have my desktop. How do I "lock" the computer, so that it cannot be used at all by anyone other than myself? I need specific steps please. Thank you...

Child Support / Visits HELP PLEASE [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been denied court order visits for the past 4 years. He went to court and the judge is allowing the mother to keep denying visits. We are not bad people at all and I want to know how the NH Master Judge is allowed to do this. Every time my husband goes to court the Judge always sides...

View more questions Search