Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nageldh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
    installing offset toilet flange
    The 2x10 floor joist in right in the middle of where I want the center of the flange to be, how much of the floor joist can I legally remove so the offset flange will fit?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
    If it is right in the center and offset will not help you much. You either need to change your desired placement or open up a larger opening in the floor and add double cross bracing to the adjoining joists ( it would look like a herader around a window in a load bearing wall)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing toilet over new hardwood floors - flange is now below floor level [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a bathroom and replaced carpet floors with hardwood. This now puts the toilet flange below the floor level. Is there a thicker or additional flange to bring the connection (with the toilet) level up 1/2 to 3/4 inches?

Installing toilet flange [ 6 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to install a toilet flange in my unfinished bathroom (in the basement so the flooring is a concrete slab and will eventually be ceramic tile). There is currently a 4" stub out sticking up out of the slab for the toilet drain. I thought I could simply cut the pipe down closer to...

Offset cast iron toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling an early seventies ranch built on slab. One bathroom has an offset flange of cast iron. There is only one t-bolt slot, located on the offset side. There is no place for a t-bolt on the 'close' side. The flange does not appear to be damaged, although there was a lot of rust that I...

Installing a flange on a basement toilet [ 2 Answers ]

When we bought the home, it had a roughed in place for a commode. There is a sewage pump installed in the basement floor. The roughed in place had a red cap in the basement floor and we were told that is were a commode could be placed. I took off the cap. Under it, there was a 4" diameter...

Installing new toilet flange to 3" galvanized [ 3 Answers ]

I'm installing a new toilet in a basement and the plumbing was roughed in back in the early 40's. The problem I having is trying to find the right flange that will work with 3" galvanized pipe. From what I can see I don't believe it's cast iron, but it wouldn't suprise me if it is. I bought a 3"...

View more questions Search