Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Outlook express restarting?
    Hi Folks,
    I've got an unusual one for you 8-/
    Whenever I press send and receive in outlook express it causes the computer to restart, I've tried a virus scan but it comes up clean. And as far as I know nothing's been done that could have caused it, the problem just seems to have appeared.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Robin.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2005, 08:22 AM
    Outlook Express
    Hi,
    My first reaction to your issue is that Outlook Express, for whatever reason, is corrupt.
    You could try the following to re-install it, but cannot guarantee this will fix the issue. It cannot hurt anything, and will not delete any of your configurations, emails, folders, etc, in Outlook Express.
    Go to Start/Find/Files or folders, and type in ie6setup.exe.
    Your windows version might be a little different, such as Start/Search, then type in ie6setup.exe.
    This file will start the install of Internet Explorer 6 and/or Outlook Express 6.
    Then, when you find this file, left double-click on it to start the installation wizard.
    When you see a choice of what to install, uncheck Internet Explorer and all the other items, EXCEPT Outlook Express. Left click on Outlook Express, to put a checkmark by it, and then click on OK.
    It will re-install Outlook Express 6.
    Then, if you have added any updates from Windows Update for Outlook Express, go back to http://www.microsoft.com, Windows Update, and let it scan, then re-install any security patches you are using.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    robinjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2005, 09:05 AM
    I'll try that - thanks!
    Cheers Fredg, I'll give that a go :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2005, 05:35 AM
    Outlook Express
    Hi,
    Hope it works!!
    fredg
    PS; If not, please post back.
    miniMax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 02:25 AM
    Have you checked this utility?
    Outlook Express Repair Tool
    miniMax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 04:41 AM
    Oh.. the URL was changed, the valid is:

New Outlook Express Repair Tool
    TekTel_99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 11:50 PM
    I have used Kernel for Outlook Express in the past successfully. I would suggest you to try this one also as this utility is able to recover corrupt dbx file effectively you can recover mails from password protected dbx files as well with the help of this utility. Have a look at this http://www.repairdbx.org/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running XP on my home computer. Since one of my sons "tweaked something" I can see messages (properties show full message is there) in the in box but the preview pane is empty. Similarly if you open the message the main message box is empty. If you print the e mail it shows attachments present...

Outlook Express [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows 98 Second Edition and using Outlook Express for I mail. Tonight my e-mail did not download and I got the following error message. Just would like to know if someone can tell me what the message means and how to remedy the problem. The eroor message is; "Your server has...

Outlook express [ 13 Answers ]

hi pals i have installed the outlook express now it asks me the incomming server and outgoing server if i want to access my yahoo or gmail mails then what is my pop server and smtp server?? :confused:

Outlook express [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new computer{XP} and gave my daughter the old {98}. I set up a router so that she can get the web and to share other programs. I have no problems moving programs to mine from hers except OutLook Express 6, I would love to have mu old e-mail addys and saved e-mails. What am I doing wrong...

Outlook Express 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I just downloaded Outlook express 6.0--When I try to sign in, it asked for my password which I must have had in Outlook Express 5--but I can't remember it--How do I find out what my pasword is--can't find anything on OE about doing this--Thank u very much

View more questions Search