Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Dec 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
    lol your welcome sneeky little guy isn't he? Lol I chased him around forever after I saw him too, he was a great model lol! But this is my fave of my squirrely pal ^.^
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 10:50 AM
    I love your first pic the best... the water, the ice... reminds me of Alaska!
    We have squirrels everywhere here.. he he, little buggers! They are funny little things!

Dec 14, 2007, 10:53 AM
    I know aren't they! I love squirrels if I could die and come back as anything, I'd be a squirrel ^.^
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Dec 15, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Oooooh those are awesome photos
    I wish we got snow and ice and stuff round here :(
    Oh well, at least we get beautiful clouds at sunset and sunrise :)
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Cal, hope you will post some photos of the clouds at sunset and sunrise. :) Maybe you could paint some of them and post those also. :)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Dec 15, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Heh, id probably create a crime against art if I tried to paint clouds like that, I isn't a good painter and culdnt do them justice I reckon.
    Ill post some photos though. :)

Dec 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Yay! We get great sunsets and sunrises here in Kansas too, but I'm never up early enough to see them. I've only gotten to once, and I work right after school so I never get to see the sunset. It sucks :(

This is the first time we have had ice like that though, heck that's the first time we have had an ice storm! Normally it's just snow and we rarely get much snow. We got 8 inches now though >.< I'm going to be screwed trying to drive... I think my car is like 6 inches off the ground!! This should be interesting...
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 01:01 AM
    Wondering if any artists on the site do American old west art. I would like to know what type ponchos were worn before the time of "Clint Eastwood" movies!! LOL Wool-flannel, no pattern, over the head or slung over shoulder?? Thanks ahead of time for information. I have searched the internet but keep coming up with the ones with pattens and not like I am thinking would have been worn on a daily basis in the old west days here in the U.S. If any of you have paintings or sketches of such that would be authenitc style for the era, would you post your work and share with us?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 06:10 AM
    It's been awfully quiet on this thread for awhile. Not the many posters that we used to have here. At 1,500 posts this thread is done. I hope that it will not simply die here and that we can finish it out with quality instead of quantity concerning posting of works of art and the discussions about the same. Hopefully, another thread will be started when this one is finished. Having a thread just simply devoted to art, artists and what we do seems to be a really worthwhile subject area that is worthwhile to continue.

By the way, my post here is #1367 in case anyone wants to know where we are at in terms of the count.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Wanted to share the commission piece I just finished. I posted earlier, part of it in progress. I had hoped to do a detailed work in progress of it but my photos didn't turn out as clear as I had hoped because of lighting. A photographer, I am not! Sadly. I do fairly well with a 33 mm but this new digital one, not as well.

This piece is called "Breezy Point Bungalow". This is one of many bungalows on a stretch of land just off Long Island, New York. A gal's friend grew up in this bungalow and it is still owned by the family. She wanted this drawing to give as a gift to her friend but wanted changes made from the photograph I was given of it as it is today, to how it was in the early 1950's. I was told to leave out plants and replace with sand and sea shells, use the narrow door, not the one there now. Add a wagon as each bungalow always had one to use while marketing. The flag was important to the family and from photos I saw earlier, other bungalows flew a flag also. The gal wanted the old railing, not the existing one, and the patio furniture used in the 1950's, not what was in the photo given me but she was able to provide enough for me to know how to do the furniture. The bungalows are side by side so does not look like this drawing if you saw it in person but the gal requested I leave out all other structures and just have sand around the bungalow. She requested asbestos siding rather than the new siding that is now on there so I photographed a house with that type of siding so I could look at the detail, not being familiar with it. Also, I posted earlier a little bit on this and mentioned needing to research the shells that would be local to that area and Firmbeliever was kind enough to do that research and posted links for me to view. Thank you FB so much. That was a great help. You are always such a blessing! :p

Others have been encouragers and I appreciate it. The drawing took a minimum of 33 hours drawing time, that is "pencil to paper" time. The original measures 15" by 10 1/2". I don't charge for the research time, going to photograph siding, studying the structure, just the drawing time only.

Thank you FB for starting this thread. I hope we do see it go out at 1,500 posts with many more postings of art work! Each of you who have posted, have brightened my day and inspired me to create more and better art work. Thanks to each of you!
    Attached Images

Dec 18, 2007, 10:57 AM
    That looks great rebel!! I really like it!

P.S. I need some help guys! If any of you are online right now please respond with your opinion! I have only a few hours to decide what I'm going to paint out of the ice pictures that I posted the other day. I decided I'm posting one of those but I don't know which one! I'm thinking the one with the building behind the tree, but I don't know how much of it I could get done before Friday (this is for my art class and my last day of school is Friday! I need my grade up fast! )
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Hey,
    Loved the ice storm pics... beautiful.I think you could crop some of them and make it more interesting.:)

Jan,
    Loved your artwork... precise and beautiful as usual.
    http://www.junglesnafus.com/chapter14.htm
    Native American Buckskin Clothing
    Minnetarees
    History of the American West, 1860-1920: Photographs from the Collection of the Denver Public Library: Subjects: 163
    The American West - Native Americans

I hope one of these links would be of help to you...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    That looks great rebel!!! I really like it!!

P.S. I need some help guys!! If any of you are online right now please respond with your opinion!! I have only a few hours to decide what I'm going to paint out of the ice pictures that I posted the other day. I decided I'm posting one of those but I don't know which one!! I'm thinking the one with the building behind the tree, but I don't know how much of it I could get done before friday (this is for my art class and my last day of school is friday!! I need my grade up fast!!)
    I think the one with the brick building will look beautiful... it adds a bit of colour and texture to the ice storm..

Or maybe the second pic of a close up of the tree with the limbs dark and eerie.reaching out... it will look beautiful too.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Bi... my favorite one is the 4th one with all the trees. But the one 2nd one brr.. really says it cold and winter time... no green showing anywhere, the ice on the branches almost look like glass. If I were so fortunate to do a landscape... I can't choose because they are so pretty. Sorry I'm no help... they are all so nice in one way or the other. Good luck
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 12:36 PM
    That looks great rebel!!! I really like it!!

P.S. I need some help guys!! If any of you are online right now please respond with your opinion!! I have only a few hours to decide what I'm going to paint out of the ice pictures that I posted the other day. I decided I'm posting one of those but I don't know which one!! I'm thinking the one with the building behind the tree, but I don't know how much of it I could get done before friday (this is for my art class and my last day of school is friday!! I need my grade up fast!!)
    Bi-Number three hands down because of all the intersesting textures, perspective, colors, etc. Short time to do the work though by Friday?? Maybe not with all the perspective unless you work really fast! Do you have to do the whole photo or could you use just the center part, cropped?

EDIT: Bi, I should have said, "For me, number three hands down", because for each viewer, each photograph will offer something different. :)

Dec 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
    I don't have to have it done, he doesn't expect us to have it done, he just wants us to have some of it done, so I want to get as much done as I can.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Bi, you could even do either 2/3rds of right or 2/3rds of left and still keep it an interesting piece. For me the others would be too much of a challenge but having seen some of your work, I would say, take your choice and go for it. You have a lot of talent. Be sure and keep us posted!
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Bi, what medium will you be working in?

Dec 18, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Medium? Do you mean what I'm painting on or the paint? If it's either one of those I'll be using acrylics and it's on canvas. I want to do two or three... they are the two I really like but with two I'm not sure how well I could paint the close up ice and with three I'm not sure how well I would do with the colors. I've never painted ice before so this is a bit of an experiment for me. Anyone have any clue how I could do this? My art teacher said it would be really challanging but I'm not sure even HE has ever painted ice so I doubt I'll get much help from him.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Medium? Do you mean what I'm painting on or the paint? If it's either one of those I'll be using acrylics and it's on canvas. I want to do two or three... they are the two I really like but with two I'm not sure how well I could paint the close up ice and with three I'm not sure how well I would do with the colors. I've never painted ice before so this is a bit of an experiment for me. Anyone have any clue how I could do this? My art teacher said it would be really challanging but I'm not sure even HE has ever painted ice so I doubt I'll get much help from him.
    Yes, I was meaning acrylic, oil, watercolor, pastel, etc. Do you know how to float color? I have never painted ice liike is in your picture but I think floating would be a technique that might be of use. It would be similar to painting a dew drop on a rose or a tear drop on a face but I would think more opaque. I am anxious to see your work on these.

I just started floating color a few years ago. I don't always use the technique but it works well on some projects. It is more of a tole painters technique but whatever works, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search