Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    Well, then, now I have resources for learning dremel AND router! :) I have a table saw but I am selling it. I like my band saw and mitre saw. It's fine for the things that I make.

Where do you get your ostrich eggs? Maybe I should get me some ostriches? Actually, my uncle has emus... that should work! :D

Hugs, Didi
    Hey there! I get my eggs from different sources but always get them already drained and cleaned. They have to have a mixture of bleach with water set in them for a time to kill out salmanila after draining them. Not my cup of tea so to speak.

I found a place with Emus not far from here but just don't want to drain them myself. You are fortunate if your uncle has Emus. I can post photos of my emu eggs if you like tomorrow maybe. I haven't posted because I took a class for them so they aren't my original designs. One is a jewerly box, the other a music box.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Not sure if I will post it or not. No one seems to be posting work. I have posted enough to choke a horse.
    Excuse me?! NEVER enough!! Jan, you are an accomplished artist. I can only speak for me, but I am just in the beginning stages of learning and I just don't have much to post. However, you... please don't stop!

Speaking of posting... Sean... where are you?? I am still really looking forward to seeing the photos from the work you are doing at school. I hope you are okay. I know several of us are worried about you. Please at least post something!

Hugs, Didi
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Instead of being the "most holy" foundation, I hope to make it look more like the way the foundation was. That would be mostly large blocks of limestone that have a very, shall we say, wavy appearance. Not quite the chipped brick look but more curves to the surface than it being perfectly flat.
    I am anxious to see photos. Don't forget! What tools do you use to make the wavy appearance?

Hey look who just popped in!! Hi Didi!
    Hi, Didi! :)

In answer to Jan, I just use a wet, two-inch wide paint brush to smooth out the plaster in different directions in order to imitate the original curves on the blocks.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:10 AM
    What say? I think the old hearings going too!
    Ditto that for Didi! Best to watch it with any power tools or even if they aren't power tools! I have sawn into my fingers and drilled a 1/4 inch hole into a finger when I was repairing a chair years ago! I feel very fortunate that I can still play!
    Oh, Craig, you have NOOOOO idea! I tend to be a wee bit accident prone, remember?? :eek: Tonight I was cutting potatoes with a huge knife and I kept having images of me cutting my finger off. I... ummm... have done that more than a few times. :o (Well, not the entire finger! Heehee... but I have removed about 5/8 inch from my left baby finger and have had stitches in at least 2 fingers and a thumb on my left hand and one finger on my right. Sigh... just a WEE bit accident prone... not to worry!)

:rolleyes:

Hugs, Didi
    If I ever have you over to dinner Didi, do you want to cut up the potatoes and the carrots? Or, do you want me to do that? :confused: Probably makes no difference. A little protein is bound to be added to the meal! :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, Didi! :)

In answer to Jan, I just use a wet, two-inch wide paint brush to smooth out the plaster in different directions in order to imitate the original curves on the blocks.
    How long will it take you to complete the job, estimated time that is?? :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:13 AM
    I am anxious to see photos. Don't forget! What tools do you use to make the wavy appearance?

Hey look who just popped in!!! Hi Didi!
    I bet it would be difficult to take photos to do your work justice, Craig. I hope life is treating you a little better lately.

Hi, all. Sorry I'm late. There are never enough hours in the day. Had a headache this morning. Took the meds immediately and it went away immediately. I must learn to do that more often instead of trying to weather it through or try over the counter meds that never work.

Jan, how is your sis-in-law? You can answer private email if you want. I hope you are feeling better.

Missing the others, but hey, if they just want to read, then we will continue bonding. :D

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Excuse me???!!!! NEVER enough!!! Jan, you are an accomplished artist. I can only speak for me, but I am just in the beginning stages of learning and I just don't have much to post. However, you..... please don't stop!

Speaking of posting... Sean... where are you??? I am still really looking forward to seeing the photos from the work you are doing at school. I hope you are okay. I know several of us are worried about you. Please at least post something!

Hugs, Didi
    My encourager as always! Thank you!

Sometimes, I think we all feel like we are in the beginning stages of learning. I read your posts and all that you do and I feel I am the beginner. I read Craig's and feel in another world when it comes to music, furniture refinishing, remodeling, etc. I see all the array of different mediums of Chek, FirmBeliever, Sean, and so many others. I am always in awe when I am on this thread.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:19 AM
    Hey there! I get my eggs from different sources but always get them already drained and cleaned. They have to have a mixture of bleach with water set in them for a time to kill out salmanila after draining them. Not my cup of tea so to speak.

I found a place with Emus not far from here but just don't want to drain them myself. You are fortunate if your uncle has Emus. I can post photos of my emu eggs if you like tomorrow maybe. I haven't posted because I took a class for them so they aren't my original designs. One is a jewerly box, the other a music box.
    I would love to see your photos of the eggs! I have never seen a class in that before... how unique - thus exciting! I love out of the ordinary things.

Hugs, Didi
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:19 AM
    Didi, I will PM you tomorrow regarding sister-in-law and thank you for asking.

Craig, you see I am way past my non-loopy stage and need to get much needed shut eye!

Good night Didi and Craig and all other viewers. Would love to see more art posted.
    Sweet Dreams! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Hi, Didi!

How long will it take you to complete the job, estimated time that is?? :)
    Tomorrow would seem to be the last day to be able to do any plastering. After tomorrow, temperatures are going to be dipping dramatically. I might be able to get all of the plastering done tomorrow. But, you know what? It's also supposed to rain! :(

In order to really complete the job, I would also like to paint the foundation in order to seal in the new plaster. That is, if she will let me do that. She's definitely kind of finicky in her spending habits. As you can see, this particular job might not be completed all the way to my liking, until the spring.
    Ultra Member

Didi, did we lose Craig??
    Ultra Member

Oh, there he is! Sorry about that.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Didi, did we lose Craig???
    You gals just type so darned fast! :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Tomorrow would seem to be the last day to be able to do any plastering. After tomorrow, temperatures are going to be dipping dramatically. I might be able to get all of the plastering done tomorrow. But, you know what? It's also supposed to rain! :(

In order to really complete the job, I would also like to paint the foundation in order to seal in the new plaster. That is, if she will let me do that. She's definitely kind of finicky in her spending habits. As you can see, this particular job might not be completed all the way to my liking, until the spring.
    I hope the rain holds off for you! From all you write, I know you are a bit of a perfectionist so I know you will want it to be just right. Hope it goes well for you. :)
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Thank you, Jan!

By the way, I know that Erica is online now!
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:28 AM
    You gals just type so darned fast! :D
    :p

Night Night!
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:30 AM
    :p

Night Night!
    Good night, Jan! We will vist and share again, soon! :p
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Night, Jan. Sweet dreams to you, too!

Hugs, Didi
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Nov 20, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Heya... im back :)
    Been doing my exams this week
    One more exam to do (my art exam is on friday)
    Sorry that I forgot to take photos of my studio in progress, but anyway, here's the finished product.
    I call it 13# Union Street
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Oh, my gosh! That is just incredible! I love it!! Are you happy with the finished product? Did you enjoy doing it as much as you thought you would? How tall is it? Sean! Welcome back... and what a wonderful way to come back! Hope your exams have been going well, and the art exam goes even better. :)

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search