Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:41 AM
    I see parts of wings. Are those supposed to be wings? Were you thinking of an angel by any chance?
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Nov 6, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Lol, I have no idea what I wasthinking of, I just did it. I wasn't trying to draw anything fabulous - ( that's why I call it a doodling ) and yes those were supposed to be wings, but I haven't any idea how to detail those either. Im just doodling and doodling until something comes out OK.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Does the idea of you drawing a picture of your dad inspire you?

Nov 6, 2007, 01:57 AM
    Yes actually it does. I haven't drawn in years other than the few I posted a little while back. I haven't had inspiration.

The thought of drawing my dad, makes me want to practice and practice until I feel comfortable attempting it. I know I can do it, I have some talent deep down within me, I just don't take the time to actually work on something. Not to mention with children, I can't concentrate.

If my husband re-enlists, I will be able to go to college, and art is one of the things I plan to get a degree in, if not a degree, I will definitely take 4 years of classes. But until then, I'm just stuck doing what I know, and trying to figure out on my own, what I don't know
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 02:08 AM
    I always make music by singing and/or playing, write music and also compose lyrics much better when I am inspired. I find it much harder to do these things when I am not inspired.

You already have your inspiration. I would suggest just doing it! The time will be captured by the artist that you are at this point in your life. It will be a priceless family heirloom which will be passed from generation to generation :)

(Hint) Do you ever save the pictures that your children draw? ;)

Nov 6, 2007, 02:25 AM
    Yes I do save my daughters, she hangs them on the fridge :)

If I'm drawing she wants to draw.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 02:26 AM
    Do you procrastinate?

Nov 6, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Not actually no
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 02:35 AM
    Okay, thank you! I just thought that I'd ask. The reason that I asked was, because I am quite the procrastinator and I thought if you were one, that it might be a possible reason why you might not want to do something.

P.S. I even have a little magnet on my refrigerator that says "I'll stop procrastinating...tomorrow!"

Nov 6, 2007, 03:18 AM
    LOL - Actually I started, and have been working on something since this morning, even while I'm typing ( my baby is sleeping ) I'm not going to give it away yet, but 'fingers crossed' this turns out as great as it looks like its going to. Its not my dad though, I'll do that, when I have enough trust in myself.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    LOL - Actually I started, and have been working on something since this morning, even while I'm typing ( my baby is sleeping ) I'm not going to give it away yet, but 'fingers crossed' this turns out as great as it looks like its going to. Its not my dad though, I'll do that, when I have enough trust in myself.
    And, now you're back online again here! I am getting ready to go to bed!

It's a fact that you may have to joggle your time in when you can in order to be creative with your art, and also be taking care of your family.

You can do it! :)

Trust in yourself, is also something that takes practice. I like to think that it's not practice that makes perfect, but perfect practice that makes perfect. There are plenty of ways to practice things the incorrect ways while thinking that they are the ways that one should be practicing.

Are you sure that you don't procrastinate, even just a little bit? Maybe about things that are really important to you?

You just really make me wonder...
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 04:10 AM
    I'm sure that we will all be anxious to see your work of art that you are currently producing! :)

Nov 6, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Ok, so here goes. It actually turned out better than I had expected, but still many aspects I don't care for so to say.
    Attached Images

jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 07:34 PM
    HI Jan!

I did two drawings yesterday and trashed them! I was so frustrated and I spent 4 hours on the first one, but didn't come out anything like I had expected. Drawing my dad - might be easier, but I just wouldn't want to mess it up. lol

Yes, were in Germany, we'll be here for another 2 -2 1/2 years. Its exciting hearing new people are coming over. =) How have you been?

Craig - how are you? haven't heard from you either, lol. Hope things are going ok.

Hugs to you both!
    So glad to see you posting again! I am wondering if you received my PM I sent you several days ago. This post sounded like perhaps you had not heard from me so thought I would mention I did send one. When I didn't hear back, I figured you were just busy with the kids or maybe not feeling well. So glad you are back!!
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Ok, so here goes. It actually turned out better than I had expected, but still many aspects I dont care for so to say.
    Hey there Erica! You always catch emotion in your drawings, a certain mood, look, etc. I like the way the girls clothes show through just a bit through the long hair. Realistically, long hair does fall gently and not heavily over the clothes. That is something good for me to remember when doing my drawings. We can always learn from one another, not just about art but about life. One of my best college instructors taught not only art but life, with every breath and word that he spoke. I had some instructors that had no passion for life or art and it makes a huge difference in what one takes away from the class. I just want to see passion in whatever one does. I am sure you are passionate about raising and loving your children, your art, and others! Glad to see you back! ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:27 PM
    I too really like the fact that the clothing shows through the hair! :)

Have you done anything that uses colors, Erica? Maybe I missed something that you might have posted earlier on, though.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Hi Craig! Did you enjoy your birthday?
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Nov 6, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Hey all! Sorry I been gone so long :P what have I missed?Craigs b-day?? HAPPY B-DAY!! And good drawings erica I like them ^.^
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
    Ok, so here goes. It actually turned out better than I had expected, but still many aspects I dont care for so to say.
    Really good job with the nose! I just can NOT do a nose! :) The eyes and eyebrows have a lot of character, too. I am wondering what would happen if you tried to be a bit less defined while you work - a bit lighter handed?

You really do have artistic ability. Classes would probably help you fine tune some of your weaknesses, while building upon your strengths. I don't know how you find time to look after your little family, draw and be online! Now THAT'S a talent! :D

Hugs, Didi
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Nov 6, 2007, 10:55 PM
    I know how you feel!! I can't do noses or ears :P nother reason I love it... I can't even do fantasy ears!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search