Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 01:13 AM
    You are probably more uptight than usual because you haven't had the opportunity to rehearse as much as you would like to with the others. It wouldn't have anything to do with being a bit of a perfectionist, would it? :D I'm sure that all will go well, Craig. How do you usually handle your stress in these situations normally?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    You are probably more uptight than usual because you haven't had the opportunity to rehearse as much as you would like to with the others. It wouldn't have anything to do with being a bit of a perfectionist, would it?? :D I'm sure that all will go well, Craig. How do you usually handle your stress in these situations normally?
    You do know me pretty well, Didi! For this concert, it is kind of along the lines that you describe, only worse. The stress is incredible because this instance is very different than the usual!
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 01:27 AM
    How is it different? You mean you can't imagine the people without clothes on?
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 01:46 AM
    How is it different? You mean you can't imagine the people without clothes on?
    Ha, ha! That is funny, Christine!

This is what is different. The QCWE always practices on Sunday evenings. (I don't want this post to be coming up in searches about the group, so am not using the whole name for the group. One of the ads that I have posted on the Internet for the group is located here: Quad Cities Music Concert )

I have had gigs out of town for most of the rehearsals for this concert with another group that I play with. For this concert on Sunday, I am playing piano and other percussion instruments. The piano part is major. It's not easy. I have been practising a lot on it.

The problem is, that the director of the group was going to send me a tape of the piece so that I could at least know what it sounds like. Turns out that he can't find or threw away the recording because it was of such poor quality. I know that he is in town here right now at a local motel. I will be meeting with him, probably this evening.

Because of scheduling problems, it turns out that we aren't going to be having our usual hour-and-a-half rehearsal right before the concert.

I may be playing this piece, in concert, without any rehearsal at all with the group!

I know that it will "happen", and that I am capable of doing this. I am just feeling more than a little tense about this!
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 02:01 AM
    Whew! I can understand why you are nervous! Of course it would have to happen with a more difficult, piece, right? That darned Murphy! :D I am sure that the practicing that you have done thus far will be fine. You will probably have a bit of a pracice before the concert, just not your usual one. I bet you are pretty good at improvisation in a pinch, so just breathe deep, relax and call upon a higher power to carry it for you for now. I am going to send you something via email that should help before I go to bed (which I am going to do now). I thought I sent it already, but perhaps I forgot. I will also remember you in my prayers and thoughts.

Sweet dreams, Craig and good luck! (Is it appropriate to wish musicians to 'break a leg'? Hahaha!)

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Whew! I can understand why you are nervous! Of course it would have to happen with a more difficult, piece, right? That darned Murphy! :D I am sure that the practicing that you have done thus far will be fine. You will probably have a bit of a pracice before the concert, just not your usual one. I bet you are pretty good at improvisation in a pinch, so just breathe deep, relax and call upon a higher power to carry it for you for now. I am going to send you something via email that should help before I go to bed (which I am going to do now). I thought I sent it already, but perhaps I forgot. I will also remember you in my prayers and thoughts.

Sweet dreams, Craig and good luck! (Is it appropriate to wish musicians to 'break a leg'? Hahaha!)

Hugs, Didi

Hey! Thanks, Christine! Perhaps, "break a finger?" :p Sweet dreams to you, too!

Edit: I know what you mean about Murphy, too! He seems to be the law!
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I don't know how to get an image on here much bigger than the one that I have just posted. Am looking for advice. Do I need to change the format! Am using IrfanView, which is a free image editor. Thanks!
    Are your original photos larger than the ones that are posting, Craig? I have used the one referred to in the suggestions under Additional Options (below). The link is Image Conversion and Reduction for Uploading. I have used it a few times, and it seems to keep the size of the images the same.

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Are your original photos larger than the ones that are posting, Craig? I have used the one referred to in the suggestions under Additional Options (below). The link is Image Conversion and Reduction for Uploading. I have used it a few times, and it seems to keep the size of the images the same.

Hugs, Didi
    My images are all rather large and larger than what I have been posting. I seem to have only certain options for sizes in the free program that I am currently using. I will give the information on the link a try. Thanks so much, Christine! :)

I am in and out of here right now. Am getting ready for the concert tomorrow. Got to iron my shirt and tux, cut my hair (I hope!) and assemble things in general. Am right now preparing to bake cookies for the concert. Those of us whose last names that begin with certain letters are expected to bring cookies. I did start a "Baking Cookies" thread, just a little bit ago...
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Gak! :eek: I just realized that the daylight savings time change for us started this morning! I had forgotten all about it! Normally, it would have happened last week. So, it looks like I am going to be getting an additional hour of sleep this morning! :)

Sometimes, being on the computer can be a good thing! The computer time had automatically changed over already!
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:10 AM
    Cookies are now in the oven. Forgot to check the starting time, though! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:11 AM
    Sounds like you are dealing with all that nervous energy just fine, Craig! :) What kind of cookies are you baking? Do you like to bake or is it just because it was expected?

I saw your baking cookies thread, but alas, I am too much of a tomboy to be of any help! Heh-heh! Actually, maybe I can post there!

If I don't talk to you before your concert, break a finger, Craig! (Be careful you don't burn one, though!) :D

Hugs, Didi
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Chocolate chip. Almost done... I think!

Thank you so much, Didi!
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Cookies are done... I think... At least they seem to be "golden brown" enough for me!

Yes, I do like to bake and cook. Especially when I am having people over for a get-together. It's just another art that I would like to spend more time exploring! :)

Come to think of it, it would seem that most of the things that we do in life could be considered an art in some way. Some, definitely more than others, though!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Chocolate chip. Almost done...I think!!

Thank you so much, Didi!
    Hi there Craig!

I will be thinking of you for tomorrow (well today actually) regarding your concert!! :)

My son and I got his threebies down earlier, watched a movie together and just went over a bunch of computer stuff. He just went to bed so thought I would just pop in to let you know I would be thinking about your tomorrow and praying all goes smoothly with much joy!

Didi, if you are still on here, I wish you the best also for a happy tomorrow (well, today actually looking at the time! :) ). I missed being a part of the conversation tonight! It has become quite addictive! :p

Until later then!
    Jan
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Hi there Craig!

I will be thinking of you for tomorrow (well today actually) regarding your concert!!! :)

My son and I got his threebies down earlier, watched a movie together and just went over a bunch of computer stuff. He just went to bed so thought I would just pop in to let you know I would be thinking about your tomorrow and praying all goes smoothly with much joy!

Didi, if you are still on here, I wish you the best also for a happy tomorrow (well, today actually looking at the time! :) ). I missed being a part of the convo tonight! It has become quite addictive! :p

Until later then!
    Jan
    Dear Jan,

Thanks so much for your popping in and also your extreme caring at which you are so much the expert in providing!

I don't know what "threebies" are. :confused:
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Dear Jan,

Thanks so much for your popping in and also your extreme caring at which you are so much the expert in providing!

I don't know what "threebies" are. :confused:
    Dear Craig!

My pleasure! You are a very easy person to care about.

The "threebies" are Benjamin, Alexandria, and Christian!! Three great treasures in my life. :)

How did your cookies turn out? :p
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Dear Craig!

My pleasure! You are a very easy person to care about.

The "threebies" are Benjamin, Alexandria, and Christian!!! Three great treasures in my life. :)

How did your cookies turn out? :p
    Thanks for the explanation as to what "threebies" is.

The cookies "happened." I guess that they are okay... color looks perfect. They seem awfully hard, though. But, would think that they are basically okay. Store-bought tube. It's amazing how big they get with even a little bit of dough. I almost always end up cutting them apart.
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the explanation as to what "threebies" is.

The cookies "happened." I guess that they are okay... color looks perfect. They seem awfully hard, though. But, would think that they are basically okay. Store-bought tube. It's amazing how big they get with even a little bit of dough. I almost always end up cutting them apart.
    Thank goodness for the extra hour for you this day! :) I have always heard if you put a slice of apple in with cookies that are really hard, (closed container) it will cause them to soften but please, don't take this kids word on it... never tried it! Ha!

I want to hear you play soon if we can work it out. Okay?
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Thank goodness for the extra hour for you this day! :) I have always heard if you put a slice of apple in with cookies that are really hard, (closed container) it will cause them to soften but please, don't take this kids word on it....never tried it! Ha!

I want to hear you play soon if we can work it out. Okay?
    I just put them in baggies. Might try the apple thing sometime. I'm sure that it has something to do with moisture being in the bag with the cookies.

Let's talk in person, soon! You will hear me play! I sure do wish that I could see you create your art! Although, maybe that might even be a possibility, someday... :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 01:05 AM
    I just put them in baggies. Might try the apple thing sometime. I'm sure that it has something to do with moisture being in the bag with the cookies.

Let's talk in person, soon! You will hear me play! I sure do wish that I could see you create your art! Although, maybe that might even be a possibility, someday... :)
    Sounds like a plan! Every day is a new day full of possibilities! I love visiting with people with such talent. I can't imagine being able to accomplish all that you do. Someday, maybe I will be able to put it in high gear and do more than I am doing right now. Going to a Nursing Home each evening, although a pleasure seeing my mother, seems to have inhibited my creativeness. The passion I have began to feel being on this thread is just a ray of sunshine in my soul and makes me know, I will again feel alive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search