Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Jan... you still there? :confused: I'm sensing an awesome, creative, helpful and inspiring post from you coming on! Could be here, or on another thread! :)
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 25, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Oh another question I've been meaning to ask would dance be considered a type of art? Same with jewelry making cause those are two other things I do (I've been buying movies on how to belly dance cause I've always been intregued by it and it's so much fun! I learned how to make hemp jewelry from a friend.)
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Jan...you still there? :confused: I'm sensing an awesome, creative, helpful and inspiring post from you coming on! Could be here, or on another thread! :)
    Yipper! I am here but awesome, creative, helpful and inspiring post from me!? :p

How long do you have? LOL
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Craig, how are the Thumb Pianos coming along??
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    I remember that suggestion and I have been waiting for you to post. :) I was telling someone about you the other day and your pianos and other instruments. I think it would give a warm touch to the thread. I loved the idea. Seems the thread has hit a bit of a lull and maybe that is why no one responded much but may just be a busy time for some, like Didi, I know she is busy for a few days. My sister is in from Tenn. Craig, why don't you be the first and many will follow your lead. I love the idea! I loved seeing the photo of you with the (virginal) I believe it was called? Just wish it had been larger image. I couldn't see your face! You sort of looked like I thought you might however. It was a nice personal touch! Did you say it was something like a harpsichord or am I not remembering correctly? Forgive if I don't have my facts straight. I believe it was quite late the night I read that! LOL I get a little silly after about 1:30 a.m.
    Thanks, Jan! I just have to find the photos first! Some are already in the computer... somewhere! :mad: The others I would have to scan into the computer... after finding them in many photo albums or (sigh) envelopes. The good news is that all of my photos are at least some what organized and not just all thrown into a box like a lot of people do.

A year ago at Christmas, when my daughter was back from California, we made sure to go through all of the photos that we could find and at least categorize them. I can remember when my mom and also one of my uncles died back in 1997, going over to my cousins house and helping them to choose pictures for the visitation and funeral. Almost all of the photos were loosely placed in a box and unorganized. My mother just happened to die shortly after my uncle.

I did not have so much of a problem with finding photos significant concerning my mother when she passed. When I was in college, as a gift for Christmas for my parents, I got as many photos as I could together and organized them in albums and gave them to my parents as gifts.

My point to saying all of this about the photo arranging is that, it really pays off when you have the photos of events, your loved ones and your activities organized for the time when you will need to use them.

I have thought about re-sizing the picture of me with the Virginal. Just got to get to it. I do have some reservations about posting my picture on the Internet. They are good reasons, but I would not want to share them as part of this thread because they are very personal.

Oct 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
    You know I feel blondish for asking but.. is Clough Craigh and Jan jrebel? O.o... Just wondering so I don't end up lost >.< (my name's Jessica by the way)
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Craig, how are the Thumb Pianos coming along???
    We'll get there! It won't take me that long once I get to them. Matter of fact, probably no more than one day. It's just that I have this old upright piano in my garage that belongs to a customer a couple hundred miles away, the work on which absolutely must be completed in the next few weeks. It is a huge project and is driving me crazy because of everything there is to do! Much has already been done, and much still has to be done.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Thanks, Jan! I just have to find the photos first! Some are already in the computer... somewhere! :mad: The others I would have to scan into the computer... after finding them in many photo albums or (sigh) envelopes. The good news is that all of my photos are at least some what organized and not just all thrown into a box like a lot of people do.

A year ago at Christmas, when my daughter was back from California, we made sure to go through all of the photos that we could find and at least categorize them. I can remember when my mom and also one of my uncles died back in 1997, going over to my cousins house and helping them to choose pictures for the visitation and funeral. Almost all of the photos were loosely placed in a box and unorganized. My mother just happened to die shortly after my uncle.

I did not have so much of a problem with finding photos significant concerning my mother when she passed. When I was in college, as a gift for Christmas for my parents, I got as many photos as I could together and organized them in albums and gave them to my parents as gifts.

My point to saying all of this about the photo arranging is that, it really pays off when you have the photos of events, your loved ones and your activities organized for the time when you will need to use them.

I have thought about re-sizing the picture of me with the Virginal. Just got to get to it. I do have some reservations about posting my picture on the Internet. They are good reasons, but I would not want to share them as part of this thread because they are very personal.
    Craig, if you ever want to share your reasons, you have my e-mail address or PM. I was hoping you would resize the picture but you could always send it via e-mail.

Sorting photographs is a job. I made a CD when my Dad passed away two years ago and we had it set to music. It was a job but thankfully, I have scanned tons of photos which helps but the hard copies?? I admit I do not have them as I would like to have them!

I too have reservations about posting certain things. I will PM those reasons at a later time. Let me know when you you have low number in your messages and I will. Awhile back, you were pretty well packed with messages helping someone on a thread!

I know about the one daughter. Do you have more than one child? I have two.

The gift you gave your parents was a treasure. Takes a lot of time!! I would like to see a pic though when you feel good about it.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    Oh another question I've been meaning to ask would dance be considered a type of art? Same with jewelry making cause those are two other things I do (I've been buying movies on how to belly dance cause I've always been intregued by it and it's so much fun! I learned how to make hemp jewelry from a friend.)
    Yes, dance is an art! It is part of the performing arts. Jan can tell you about jewelry making. It is definitely an art! Please look back about, what?. maybe four or five pages. Jan has made some really groovy stuff using some very unusual materials!

Belly dance is also part of the performing arts.

I'm going to add some to this post in a little bit, because I have an interesting story as to what is an art. But, I wanted to make sure that you knew that I was on your question, though!

Oct 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
    What do you make Clough? I never did look at everything in the thread before I got on. What do you make and can a see a pic?
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:48 PM
    you know I feel blondish for asking but.. is Clough Craigh and Jan jrebel? O.o.... Just wondering so I don't end up lost >.< (my name's Jessica by the way)
    Don't feel bad for feeling kind of blondish!! I am kind of blondish!! :p Jrebel7 is Jan, yes.

I've been lost several times on the thread but always find my way back. It is the blessing of being blonde! No one expects you to know your way around so they are always willing to help you! LOL :p ;) :)
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:49 PM
    BiWi and Jan,

I think the two of you would have a bash discussing jewelry :D
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:51 PM
    I'm off to start the Halloween thread. Will be back to make other responses in a little while.

I will let you know when it is completed. Please check it out, and if you have any suggestion as to changes that might be made, please let me know. Thank you!

Oct 25, 2007, 10:52 PM
    ^.^ well the only thing I know how to make with jewelry is hemp jewelry. It's so much fun to make! And I've got so many different kinds of beads! Glass beads are marvilous but they are so hard to put on hemp.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
    BIWI, post some of your jewelry pieces. I posted some earlier at Craig stated. I am always interested in jewelry. I started collecting rings when I was in 10th grade! I have well over 100. All kinds. I am looking for one kind in particular and have searched all over. When Picasso was in London, I believe it was, his girlfriend wore a ring that burned incense. I am not sure what page my jewelry is posted.

Oct 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
    That ring sounds beautiful! Again I can only make hemp jewelry so none of it is that impressive, but I do own some beautiful jewelry. My favorite is the pendent I bought, it's the symbol of the goddess carved out of Amethyst, my favorite gem.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:57 PM
    I'm off to start the Halloween thread. Will be back to make other responses in a little while.

I will let you know when it is completed. Please check it out, and if you have any suggestion as to changes that might be made, please let me know. Thank you!
    Ok Craig. I am getting off here for awhile also. I will check back in a bit also.

Later, BiWi!
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:59 PM
    you know I feel blondish for asking but.. is Clough Craigh and Jan jrebel? O.o.... Just wondering so I don't end up lost >.< (my name's Jessica by the way)
    Yes, I am Craig, jrebel7 is Jan, grammadidi is Christine, erlobenauer is Erica, firm and Cal, not sure... Thanks for sharing yours, Jessica! :)

We have sort of evolved to using our first names here, one of the reasons I am sure is that artists of various types are sharing something very personal with each other. If someone decides not to use their first name, then that is there choice and should be respected.

I'm off to start the new thread...

Oct 25, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Here's my icon enlarged, that's the necklace, I never take this thing off! ^.^

Name:  Photo 7.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  82.8 KB
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 11:17 PM
    It's posted! (But, I accidentally left on a quote mark! Rats! I'm kind of a perfectionist!)

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/holida...tml#post687860

Please let me know if the post is okay? Thank you, kindly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search