Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Oct 25, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Oh! Those look great jrebel! The colors work so well together! Are those pastels or chalk? From the texture it looks like one of the two. And that's a great idea clough! Cause I wouldn't want to take up a lot of space on this thread. We could present a link on the halloween thread to this one too so people could check this out too.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
    BiWi, they are pastels!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    Uh well ^.^ okay... it's atleast three pages long on microsoft though... is it okay to post that long?
    You might have to put it on two or three posts since there is a limit to the number of characters or words (not sure) that can be in a single post. But, that would be okay.

You could try it on this thread first and see how it goes, because there just seems to be only so many of us on this thread. We would wait for you to finish it so that it is contiguous from one post to the next.

Then, if there is a post started about favorite short Halloween stories, maybe you could post it on there, too!
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
    oh! Those look great jrebel! The colors work so well together! Are those pastels or chalk? From the texture it looks like one of the two. And that's a great idea clough!! Cause I wouldn't want to take up alot of space on this thread. We could present a link on the halloween thread to this one too so people could check this out too.
    Thank you for your affirmation! That is one of the reasons for starting another thread - to lead people to this one! :)
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    BiWi, they are pastels!
    You may beat me to an answer to this one. But, were those done with a brush? Also, they have somewhat of a "glow" to them? I am wondering why?

Oct 25, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Jrebel, I envy you I really do T-T I can't blend pastels at all! I do the kind of pastel drawings where you draw with a kind of spot pattern (I don't remember what it's called) the same kind of drawing as Monet used. Here's mine... your so much better then me! And to think mine was done over two class periods! Everyone tells me it's good, but I still think I could have done WORLDS better

Name:  Photo 13.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  82.4 KB

Oct 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
    On the subject of my halloween story. I haven't told the story since I moved from the trailer park I lived in to the house I'm in now which was when I was 12. So I'll spend the night trying to put it together and post it in the morning is that okay?
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You may beat me to an answer to this one. But, were those done with a brush? Also, they have somewhat of a "glow" to them? I am wondering why?
    No, these were not done with a brush and the glow is just the use of the colors against each other. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:55 PM
    jrebel, I envy you I really do T-T I can't blend pastels at all! I do the kind of pastel drawings where you draw with a kind of spot pattern (I don't remember what it's called) the same kind of drawing as Monet used. Here's mine... your so much better then me! And to think mine was done over two class periods! Everyone tells me it's good, but I still think I could have done WORLDS better

Name:  Photo 13.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  82.4 KB
    This is great (Your art piece)! I am not to be envied, especially working in pastels! ;) It has been years and years. After you posted the skull the other day, I had just said I would resize and send so did. I think artists always think they could do better and we can usually see each mistake we have made but only because it is not what we fully intended. I imagine it is the same in music isn't it Craig? I would think each performance, although one might feel satisfied with it can always find ways of improving. That is part of what drives us... trying to improve our technique or working harder to touch lives for good.

Oct 25, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Lol it is true. My art teacher said there have been artists who have stayed friends with some of the people they sell their paintings to and these people have been known to just start trying to fix the painting right there in the person's home! I know I REALLY nit pick my replica of "Small Cowper Madonna" and I do the same thing with the music I write too! I still think I could have done better with my pastel though... it was the first one I ever did.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:03 PM
    On the subject of my halloween story. I haven't told the story since I moved from the trailer park I lived in to the house I'm in now which was when I was 12. So I'll spend the night trying to put it together and post it in the morning is that okay?
    Okay! I'm going to start the new thread. It will be in the writing area? But, that area doesn't get looked at all that much. :confused: Maybe I should post it in the Holidays & Observances section. There really isn't very much in there at all. What do y'all think?

Also, what do y'all think about adding Halloween jokes as being included in the thread?

Title could be: "Wanted: Your Favorite Short Halloween Stories and Jokes!"

Oct 25, 2007, 10:06 PM
    That sounds great! We should keep it in writing though cause though the section is not looked at much don't forget when someone presses "Answer" then it takes them to pages of all the most recent questions. And the people who do write would look in the writing section before anything else.

Then again holidays would make sense too but I'm not sure how many people would look there. I posted a question about what people do to celebrate Samhain (wiccan term for halloween) and only one person answered.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Okay! I'm going to start the new thread. It will be in the writing area? But, that area doesn't get looked at all that much. :confused: Maybe I should post it in the Holidays & Observances section. There really isn't very much in there at all. What do y'all think?

Also, what do y'all think about adding Halloween jokes as being included in the thread?

Title could be: "Wanted: Your Favorite Short Halloween Stories and Jokes!"

"Holidays & Observances" section I would think. It would be a thread that would have a long life, I think but then I am new to this stuff! LOL :p
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Some time ago on this thread, I posted an idea about maybe having images of where a person does there art of whatever kind. It could be a room with a comfy couch or chair, a room with a easel in it, a place by a river, field, woods or forest outside where a person might gain inspiration. I wonder if that is ever going to fly here...

I do have some pictures of my living room with two of my three grand pianos in it that I would like to post sometime and also, some pictures of places and instruments that I have played. But, it will take me awhile to find them. Not tonight, though...

Oct 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
    I paint at school ^.^ well until I get some supplies anyway. I've been wondering though... what if I took pictures of my painting I'm doing at school right now as it progresses. We are learning to paint like they did during the renassance. The first few steps are done but I'd like to show you guys how far along I am. I won't be able to show it though till I go back to school Monday though.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Thank you both for answering! :)

So, it looks like the holiday section would be the better choice! If Administration decides to move it to the writing section, (as they have been known to move posts around) then that is there choice. :eek:

Oct 25, 2007, 10:18 PM
    lol sounds good ^.^
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:20 PM
    I paint at school ^.^ well until I get some supplies anyways. I've been wondering though... what if I took pictures of my painting I'm doing at school right now as it progresses. We are learning to paint like they did during the renassance. The first few steps are done but I'd like to show you guys how far along I am. I won't be able to show it though till I go back to school monday though.
    I think that would be awesome and add an entirely new dynamic to this thread! We could then discuss more in depth and also with examples, as to how a work of art is created!

It would work that way with my refinishing projects and also the thumb piano kits that I make.

Great suggestion, BiWi!! :D
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Some time ago on this thread, I posted an idea about maybe having images of where a person does there art of whatever kind. It could be a room with a comfy couch or chair, a room with a easel in it, a place by a river, field, woods or forest outside where a person might gain inspiration. I wonder if that is ever gonna fly here...

I do have some pictures of my living room with two of my three grand pianos in it that I would like to post sometime and also, some pictures of places and instruments that I have played. But, it will take me awhile to find them. Not tonight, though...
    I remember that suggestion and I have been waiting for you to post. :) I was telling someone about you the other day and your pianos and other instruments. I think it would give a warm touch to the thread. I loved the idea. Seems the thread has hit a bit of a lull and maybe that is why no one responded much but may just be a busy time for some, like Didi, I know she is busy for a few days. My sister is in from Tenn. Craig, why don't you be the first and many will follow your lead. I love the idea! I loved seeing the photo of you with the (virginal) I believe it was called? Just wish it had been larger image. I couldn't see your face! You sort of looked like I thought you might however. It was a nice personal touch! Did you say it was something like a harpsichord or am I not remembering correctly? Forgive if I don't have my facts straight. I believe it was quite late the night I read that! LOL I get a little silly after about 1:30 a.m.

Oct 25, 2007, 10:22 PM
    I thought it might be a good idea ^.^ plus then I could ask you guys what else I could do to it! I could post a picture of how Michelangolo painted it and show my replica! I've been so frustrated with the painting lately, I need the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search