Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 23, 2007, 01:10 AM
    And I'm rather young, so hopefully still have time to do these things as I wish:)

Oct 23, 2007, 01:11 AM
    Oh, and yes - that's my picture.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    oh, and yes - thats my picture.
    I see a long neck. (Correct?) If so, then for singing, you're probably an alto. The vocal folds (cords) in long necks tend to be longer. Hence, a lower pitch as far as the voice is concerned. High cheek bones are almost invariably one of the ingredients for beauty. Also, they are good for better tonal quality in singing, as is also your well-shaped mask (facial area.) I would also imagine that you are not a very soft spoken person. What I mean is, that your voice tone and quality probably carry quite a distance. But, I might be wrong about that. I'm just going by what I see and by the things that you have written.

Oct 23, 2007, 01:28 AM
    And I forgot - when I was in Choir in high school, I was in fact an ALto! You're pretty good with your guesses for sure.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:01 AM
    I had much difficulty getting back on here. Did you?

From the additional image that you posted, your neck is long by what I saw. I just see what I see because of my various professions. There are things that I always tend to notice about various people or things. As a house painter, I look to see if the brush strokes are straight much as early farmers who used horses were judged by how straight their rows were. I can tell right away if a surface that has been painted has been brushed, sprayed or rolled. When I am teaching singers and/or directing them, I notice many things, some of like what I have pointed out with what I saw with your image.

To me, it is interesting that the races of various people's voices sound the way that they do because of the way that their craniums are shaped. Even if they are all speaking English, their tonal quality still sounds like the race that they are.

There is definitely an art to how we adorn our bodies with clothing and how we make the appearances of our face and hair to be. Wouldn't you agree?

Why do you have low self-esteem concerning your looks?

Oct 23, 2007, 02:07 AM
    Yes! It took a while before it would even display the webpage. Weird!

I absolutely agree with you - and I too, other than at myself, am very observative. Sounds like your are of many trades, which I think is wonderful.
    It is very interesting regarding the races and voices that sound from the specific persons race. I think its amazing - and yet wonder why its so different. ( though you've helped answer that ) What type of music do you sing?/

And well - I've always had low self esteem - it stems far beyond anything I could ever write in this post. A lot does come from the fact that I've had two ids in less than two years and I'm sure anyone with children can imagine what that means for my body. LOL
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Ello peoples
    grammadidi, thank so you much for your honesty, it means a lot to me, and I kind of agree with your points, no heart is one of my fave poems that I have written.

Oct 23, 2007, 02:26 AM
    HI CAL - anymore poetry today?
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:28 AM
    Hello, Cal!

Oct 23, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Ummmmmmmmmm (sifts through his computer for more of his poetry)
    I don't have many on here, but I guess because I like you people a lot, I may as well share this one with you guys
    I wrote this one when my friend who lives in new south wales said she was going to commit suicide.
    I was crying my heart out at the time at the thought of losing such an important friend, luckily she ended up not suiciding, and she has now become much closer to god and seems much happier since she went to a christian camp.
    16 Roses
    16 red roses so far have grown
    16 red roses may fade
    16 red roses may wither to black
    16 red roses may wilt and die
    16 roses may be all that ever grew
    16 roses may be all that ever blooms
    if by 17 you rest in peace
    if at 17 all thats left are pieces
    thats too many sweet roses that will never be
    too many red roses that none will see
    too many lives that will go unchanged
    too many days that will go ungraced
    too many crimson roses i may never again see
    such a fleeting grace
    such unending sorrow
    i hope to see more roses
    i want you to see them too
    so as friends we can be two

Its not very good, but it has a lot of meaning to me.

Want to see more of you peopls art, and hopefuly some of you peoples poems too :)
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:32 AM
    Yes! It took a while before it would even display the webpage. Wierd!

I absolutely agree with you - and I too, other than at myself, am very observative. Sounds like your are of many trades, which I think is wonderful.
    It is very interesting regarding the races and voices that sound from the specific persons race. I think its amazing - and yet wonder why its so different. ( though you've helped answer that ) What type of music do you sing?/

And well - I've always had low self esteem - it stems far beyond anything I could ever write in this post. A lot does come from the fact that I've had two ids in less than two years and im sure anyone with children can imagine what that means for my body. LOL

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had trouble getting back on here.

I don't know what "ids" are. Would you please mind explaining that? Thank you!

Concerning what type of music that I sing, the short answer is that I sing all types.

Would you care to hear the long answer as to the types of music in which I am involved, both instrumentally and vocally? If not, that's okay.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    ummmmmmmmmm (sifts through his computer for more of his poetry)
    i dont have many on here, but i guess coz i like you people alot, i may aswell share this one with you guys
    i wrote this one when my friend who lives in new south wales said she was going to commit suicide.
    i was crying my heart out at the time at the thought of losing such an important friend, luckily she ended up not suiciding, and she has now become much closer to god and seems much happier since she went to a christian camp.
    16 Roses
    16 red roses so far have grown
    16 red roses may fade
    16 red roses may wither to black
    16 red roses may wilt and die
    16 roses may be all that ever grew
    16 roses may be all that ever blooms
    if by 17 you rest in peace
    if at 17 all thats left are pieces
    thats too many sweet roses that will never be
    too many red roses that none will see
    too many lives that will go unchanged
    too many days that will go ungraced
    too many crimson roses i may never again see
    such a fleeting grace
    such unending sorrow
    i hope to see more roses
    i want you to see them too
    so as friends we can be two

its not very good, but it has a lot of meaning to me.

wanna see more of you peopls art, and hopefuly some of you peoples poems too :)
    Really, it could be made into a song quite easily! It is from your heart and an excellent example of organized creativity and caring for another person!

Oct 23, 2007, 02:37 AM
    Thanks clough :)
    Any more of your stuff we can see?

Oct 23, 2007, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had trouble getting back on here.

I don't know what "ids" are. Would you please mind explaining that? Thank you!

Concerning what type of music that I sing, the short answer is that I sing all types.

Would you care to hear the long answer as to the types of music in which I am involved, both instrumentally and vocally? If not, that's okay.

Yes I would love to hear the long answer. I love all music as well - well most all music so please enlighten me:)

Id's? Maybe I should re-read my post and get back to you, LOL
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:40 AM
    thanks clough :)
    any more of your stuff we can see?
    Not right now, until I scan them into the computer and also find the files in my computer that are, I don't know where! But, thank you for asking!

Oct 23, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Here's a poem I wrote a few weeks ago that I just found lying around my room, was wondering where I left it , its not terribly good, but at least its happier than the others.

May your summers be as kind
    May your Springtimes be as sweet
    may your autumn be as wonderful
    as you are in my eyes
    may yours always be mine
    though you are so fary away
    I'm Yours for ever and a day
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Yes I would love to hear the long answer. I love all music as well - well most all music so please enlighten me:)

id's?? maybe i should re-read my post and get back to you, LOL
    This is the long answer. I don't normally feel comfortable posting this much about me. But, I do feel very much at home on this particular thread. I feel as though I am around people like myself.

To give you an idea as to the types of music that I play/sing and the musical venues in which I am involved, I am the regular pianist with the Johnnie Kaye Orchestra. Which is basically big band ballroom dance music. We have gigs in Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana. I also play string bass and percussion with the Quad City Wind Ensemble. It's exactly like the local symphony, except that it's a concert band. Have been involved in all facets of church music for over 36 years - play organ and piano, conducted kids and adult choirs, bell and hand chime choirs, performed as well as written small musicals for church and school groups, was a music teacher in schools for many years, band, chorus, general music and cultural awareness/fine arts. Have taught all grades, from pre-school through college level classes. Have given private voice and instrumental lessons mostly in my home and also in some other places since 1978. Gig on my own on the piano - all types of music that would be popular at a party if one is playing the piano. Give lecture/demonstrations on my harpsichord (virginal) or piano to local civic, church and school groups. Direct the local men's barbershop singing group for the Rock Island Chapter of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America, Inc. Have been in over 40 musical theater productions, either as an actor or musician.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:54 AM
    heres a poem i wrote a few weeks ago that i just found lying around my room, was wondering where i left it , its not terribly good, but at least its happier than the others.

May your summers be as kind
    May your Springtimes be as sweet
    may your autumn be as wonderful
    as you are in my eyes
    may yours always be mine
    though you are so fary away
    I'm Yours for ever and a day
    Are you familiar with the "Irish Blessing", Cal?

Oct 23, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Never heard of it, why?
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Because your poem, although unique and special in itself, is very similar to it. It is a blessing/poem that is known throughout the world. I just know it because I have been around awhile.

The words might vary a little bit depending upon the interpretation of the original. But, the thoughts are the same.

The Irish Blessing

“May the road rise up to meet you,
    may the wind be ever at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    and the rain fall softly on your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand.”
    You see, great, poetic minds like yours and other poets think alike. That's why you have written something similar in style to the Irish Blessing. Now, you can say that you know what the Irish Blessing is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search