Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ItalianGreyhound Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 02:19 PM
    When will my female puppy Italian Greyhound come into heat?
    I asked a potty training question the other day and I had a couple of very helpful responses. Thank you for helping me on that subject!
    The next question I have is about my female Italian Greyhound coming into heat the first time. She is 7 months old and my male is 10 months old. He seems to be paying a lot of attention to her... ummmmm... "area". I keep looking for signs in her "area" like bleeding, swelling, anything... and she doesn't appear to be showing any signs of coming into heat. I am not having them fixed because I plan to breed them when they are of age. Is my male giving me a hint that something is getting ready to happen? Then my next problem will be after she comes into heat, how will I keep him from being miserable? I plan to put panties on her to keep him out, but I'm sure he will still have the urge and that will make him miserable. I don't want him to be miserable! What will I do for him and his urge?
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Sep 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Uh oh, one of these questions. All I will say is, to stop his "urge", get rid of his "jewels".
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    If you call and ask a vet... they may be able to give you more info
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 02:39 PM
    The regular members here who answer pet questions are not breeders and do rescue work. You need to take a look at this site and scroll down at all the Italian Greyhound Rescues in the U.S. IGCA : Rescue. As of this posting, Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. has 235 Italian Greyhounds that have been dumped for one reason or another and need good and loving homes. Please reconsider what you are planning on doing and give both those dogs some relief by spaying & neutering them. Most responsible breeders will tell you that this is not a good way to make money if that is your reason for getting into breeding. If you are really intent on doing this, you need to separate your dogs completely while she is in heat. And, please read through this link: American Kennel Club - Responsible Breeding Steps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy on Heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Dachshund puppy who has just gone into heat. I have a 2-year old male Dachshund. I am trying to prevent her from getting pregnant this young. I was just informed by a friend that it is dangerous for a dog to get pregnant on their first heat-cycle. If she does get pregnant,...

Female puppy [ 4 Answers ]

Hello After my female puppy urinates she has this stringy mucus stuff hanging from her peepee area is this normal

Italian Greyhound [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an Italian greyhound he is 8months. He is in a crate when I go to work in the morning from 8am to 1pm and doesn't urinate in his crate. My girlfriend comes home and walks him at 1pm he goes to the bathroom.When I get home at 4pm 80% of the time he releives himself on the floor.I don't...

Italian Greyhound Still Potty in Crate [ 6 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 month old IG is still pottying in the crate. Last night she seems to have to go poop for several hours and we tried many times to get her to go with no luck. We get up this morning and she has poop all of the crate. She is in the crate from 10:30pm to 7:30am and about 9am to 6:30pm....

View more questions Search