Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Valoc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Always Hot
    Im Wandering if anyone has any ideas to why I'm always hot I kkep my Air as low as it can go for my whole life now,if I move around for periods I sweat perfusly and get very hot too where I have to sit down.Im not on any meds,only thing different is I don't drink caffine and alcohol for like 4 years now.No clue but it sucks I got to Clean the house and I have to do it in sections while I cool off.Any advice other then go to doc,is very much appericated, help me Cool off!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
    There is nothing you can do. I am the same way and have sought herbal remedies for years, no doctor's help, they cant. I did find one herbal treatment but it was with garlic and although it would have given me satisfaction, did not want to smell like a garlic press for the rest of my life. Some days are better then others, but I am like you, I sweat tons while doing housework, mostly from the neck up. If you find something worthwhile, let me know. There is no relief in cold weather either. Chin up, we persevere, don't we !
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Have you had your thyroid checked? Profuse sweating was the most prominent symptom I had when I was diagnosed. Your thyroid is your bodies control center and regulates body temperature, metabolism, and a myriad of other things.

Sep 24, 2007, 04:17 PM
    No don't know what thyroid evn is lol.any idea if I can tell myself,because you I'm sweating right now badly lol,I got up,you I'm not fat very active and I just keep the air on 50 but that's getting expensive now that we moved to a house.If u can explain the whole thyroid thing thatd be cool.And Was wandering what you heard about garlic, I read one thing on digestive system with it swallowing half a clove.I did it and burped garlic for a week don't know about that one.Thanks for the advice though,much apperciated.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
    What is your body type/metabolism? A/C set to 50? Some people have a higher metabolic rate and, like others have mentioned, there is very little you can do without some tests. Research garlic alternatives before ingesting any more.

Here's two different webMD links to read (they appear the same, but are different)

WebMD Health Search

WebMD Health Search
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoc
    No dont know what thyroid evn is lol.any idea if i can tell my self,cuz ya im sweating right now badly lol,I got up,ya im not fat very active and i just keep the air on 50 but thats getting expensive now that we moved to a house.If u can explain the whole thyroid thing thatd be cool.And Was wandering what u heard bout garlic, i read one thing on digestive system with it swallowing half a clove.I did it and burped garlic for a week dont know bout that one.Thanks for the advice though,much apperciated.
    The thyroid is a gland located in the front of your throat. No you cannot check it yourself. It requires blood tests in order to find out if there is an imbalance.

Thyroid Gland Diseases: Hormones, Cancer, Doctors, Drugs, Surgery
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Sep 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
    You might also not be taking enough salt.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 04:17 AM
    As to thyroid. It is quite possible it could be thyroid, but... the imbalance is really too hard to notice in a blood test. A huge gap has to be there before thyroid medication is recommended.
    I had mine tested a dozen times and although there is a discrepancy, there isn't enough to warrant medication for adjustment. However, another test coming up this week, along with diabetic check up, so will see what happens.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    As to thyroid. It is quite possible it could be thyroid, but....the imbalance is really too hard to notice in a blood test. A huge gap has to be there before thyroid medication is recommended.
    I had mine tested a dozen times and although there is a discrepancy, there isnt enough to warrant medication for adjustment. However, another test coming up this week, along with diabetic check up, so will see what happens.
    Not true. Recently the scale for thyroid tests has been adjusted. If your TSH levels fall between .25 - 2.5 they are supposed to prescribe medication. Endocrinologists are supposed to be following this new test. However many still base it on whatever the lab uses. Bring this article in with you to the doctor Does Your Doctor Know About the New TSH Lab Standards?

You have to fight to be properly medicated. Believe me I know. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism for over 15 years. I had to fight with my doctor to prescribe me more medication when I was extremely sick. My body had began shutting down and she still refused to give me more medication. Too often doctors dismiss thyroid disorders but you have to be your own patient advocate in this day and age. If there is something wrong you have to insist on being properly diagnosed.

Sep 25, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Lmao,Wow cool thanks a lot guys,I figured out the tyroid stuff I have every symptom for it lmao I don't see a doc much,but I will and it probably is my throid,but what I didn't get out of all the answers was the question from captinrich A/C 50? What were you asking because I think I said I keep it at 50 or as low as it will go,oh and if you think I'm nuts I also live in Nebraska and I've nvr owned nothing more than a hoody for winter I love the winter could live in antartica so I think you need to go back and read the question again and I was telling that dude about garlic I'm cool ill die of whatever it is,oh I also drank liquer everyday from 12 to 22 then quit I'm a mess but the heat is all I care about rite now thaks a lot to the other guys though peace out.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
    When you go to the doctor insist upon receiving these thyroid tests: TSH, Free T3, Free T4 (if the doctor tells you they aren't necessary say yes they are. The other tests for T3 & T4 levels are outdated), and a test to see the level of your Thyroid Antibodies. The last test is especially helpful in determining if you have Hashimotos Thyroid which is an Auto-Immune Thyroid disorder.

If both your T3 & T4 are low your doctor should put you on medication to support both of them. Typically Armour thyroid & Synthroid should be prescribed if this the case. Synthroid is the most commonly prescribed brand of thyroid medication on the market. You should see improvement in symptoms in a matter of days. If you do not call you doctor and ask for a new dose of medication.
    mjcooper48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2011, 12:42 PM
    I to have had the same symptoms I sweat profusely. The thermostat is set at 65 in summer and 65 in winter. Every one complains about how cold it is in the house but I can't help it I am so hot. I am 65 and take 2 Tylenol 4 at bed time for pain from restless leg and fybermyagia I hurt all the time. That is all I take other than what I told you I am fairly healthy.I drink green tea or water all day long, and eat a good diet. At times from the knees down to my feet will be freezing only to me not to the touch. I to have had a lot of test and nothing shows up. This has been going on for about 15 years and it sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80 years old and always hot- stuck in hot flashes [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is 80 years old and she is always hot, she is uncomfortable wearing anything but loose fitting light cotton. It can be cold outside and she is still warm and is very sensitive to the heat and high Temp. We live in a temperate climate in Southern CA. She has has tests for her thyroid ->...

Feeling hot hot (water) and then it is not at all hot [ 3 Answers ]

We have scalding hot water for a couple of minutes and then it cuts off . We have a state water heater model e5650dols. We set our temperature lower and reset the unit only to have it replicate the same problem. Is this due to the theromostat if so is it the lower or the upper. How do you tell??...

Radiators hot but hot water from taps luke warm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, First of all I am novice.. a real novice when it comes to plumbing, so please be easy on me :) I hope someone can shed some light on this weird problem. I have a conventional boiler with a hot water tank in the bathroom and 2 tanks in the loft. The radiators in the house are fine, they...

No hot water from tub faucet; all others - very hot [ 2 Answers ]

Every hot water faucet in my house produces scalding hot water. EXCEPT the upstairs tub/shower. From that faucet we only get lukewarm water. Why? What should be replaced? bradsmithmm

View more questions Search