Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Oct 14, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Hey, I'm from Akron, so I feel your latitudinal pain. I've got a functional gym at my house, so I don't have to leave to get a workout. That's probably the best advice I could give you :(
    Punkergurl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocasean
    I've been working on a book for about 6 years now. Why 6 years, you ask?

Is it because the book is so fantastical that it required 6 years to write it?

No, it's taken me 6 years because I'm somewhat lazy and because my creativity comes in waves. But regardless, I'm getting down to the final few months and would appreciate some feedback.

Basically, it's a book about fitness that I started when I was a personal trainer. It sounds like a played-out topic (another reason it's taken me so long), but my angle on it is somewhat unique and I've always wanted to make my own treatise available to people in hopes that I could somehow help them.

What I need from everyone is some feedback on what YOU have discovered to be your biggest challenge or question when it comes to fitness and/or health in general.

Seriously.

Whatever insights you can give me will help me polish the final product and generate a perspective that's outside of my own head. That's always a good thing.

Much appreciated.
    Hey! A writer huh? I am on my 4th novel so whatever I can help you with! My biggest problem with the wieght factor is that once you start you Can't stop or you will end up gaining more than you lost. However one way I lost it easily is by walking.

Oct 14, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkergurl13
    hey! a writer huh? i am on my 4th novel soo whatever i can help you with! my biggest problem with the wieght factor is that once you start you CAN"T stop or you will end up gaining more than you lost. however one way i lost it easily is by walking.
    Awesome! Thanks for the offer, and I'll definitely pick your brain once I have a finished rough draft.

And actually, what you're talking about is a COMMON problem and one of the primary reasons I decided to write the book.

Basically, the root cause of this issue is because calorie-restrictive diets ignore and often damage one's Basal Metabolic Rate.

Basal Metabolic Rate is the measure of how active our energy usage is at a state of complete rest. Diets slow down the metabolic rate, because our bodies adapt to the reduction in calories...

... but when we can't take the restrictions of the diet anymore, we start going back to a more normal eating style, but our BMR is slower now because of the diet.

This is the MAIN reason why diets don't work.

Aside from that, focusing on restricting our calories usually makes eating a joyless experience.

Screw that! Eating is one of the greatest things in life!

Oct 30, 2007, 11:02 AM
    What about information overload?

I've been finding that people don't even realize that it's a problem, but it really is. Any thoughts?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Oct 31, 2007, 04:36 PM
    My biggest struggle is that I just can't seem to lose my belly fat. Lol!

At college my teachers and friends say I look really skinny but what they don't know is I have quite a big tummy but can't see because I'm not wearing tight fitted clothing. But other than my belly, the rest of my body looks fine.

I am kind of new to this whole fitness thing. Been 3 weeks now since I have started doing cardio for 20 minutes a day and some ab exercises. And I watch what I eat. So if you have any tips to give then please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Good luck on the book by the way. :D

Nov 1, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Thanks!

Since you're a beginner, the good news is that you're likely to see results simply from doing anything at all :)

Once your body adapts, I should be done with the book and it'll answer everything you just talked about. Your issues are actually (and happily for you) pretty simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Best Friend and the struggle [ 1 Answers ]

A girl Janice and I have been best friends. We grew up together in the hard streets of Harlem, NYC.(If you want to know more about the hardness we faced look on my profile and read my previous posts) She has diabetes, a drug addict mother just like me, she's been raped just like me and we've been...

Biggest dimond [ 3 Answers ]

What is the biggest diamond It is a planet

View more questions Search